The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Dog Cafe

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It took a while, but....

53157678090_3d6d5b484e_c.jpg

We spotted him at Compton Acres gardens a few weeks back, and went back to pick him up today. I hadn't expected to find a sitting lurcher I liked, because it's not a natural position for them, but I hope you agree he's rather lovely :)

And no, I haven't been slacking on the weeding - I like the wild approach to gardening is my excuse!

It took a while, but....

View attachment 111981234

We spotted him at Compton Acres gardens a few weeks back, and went back to pick him up today. I hadn't expected to find a sitting lurcher I liked, because it's not a natural position for them, but I hope you agree he's rather lovely :)

And no, I haven't been slacking on the weeding - I like the wild approach to gardening is my excuse!
Good for you, JudyN. What great taste.
It took a while, but....

View attachment 111981234

I was wondering what other people have had as the worst, unusual or funniest present...?
My dear husband got me this for my birthday last year which he thought was hilarious!! It is funny, but I was disappointed when I opened it as none of the pics were taken in a variety of beautiful places, which would of made it usable in my eyes.:rolleyes::D
They are all just close ups of dogs pooping!!:eek:o_O:D:eek::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20240106_115238.jpg
    IMG_20240106_115238.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
I don't know whether it counts, but I got a birthday card on Christmas day. My birthday is in July.

One of my friends gave Mr F a card to give to me last summer and he put it in 'a safe place', apparently the same safe place that he kept my Christmas present (a voucher for a zip wire experience, so also in an envelope). He gave me both envelopes, saying he honestly had no idea what the other one was or how it had got together with the envelope he intended to give me.

Oh how we laughed :mad:

@JoanneF that made me laugh!
It also reminded me that back in October I'd bought Goose's Christmas present, a 5 pack of little stress squishies, (things he loves!), I put them somewhere safe... When it got close to Christmas and I was wrapping everything, I took the place apart looking for them!... I had no idea where I'd put them and I was really sad:(... Anyhow on Christmas morning, hubby opened one of his presents, a nice new padded shirt, as he unfolded it out dropped the squishies! Go figure!!:rolleyes::D:D All was right with the world again and Goose was super happy!:cool::D

Strange calendars - I was searching online for something at work - a genuine thing which I've forgotten, but it wasn't cats or poo - and this came up. I thought it was random so I kept a photograph!

IMG_1810(Edited).jpg

I think that cat needs to see a vet or change it's diet!

I was just going to say the same, poor cat!!
Maybe someone pointing a camera at him upset his digestion!!

Eew, just why?

Several years ago, in a lapse of taste/common sense, Mr N gave me a 'selection pack' of of La Senza knickers. Tacky and nylony in the extreme, they did NOT meet my approval. But they did at least give my mum and me something to laugh about... for most of the morning and probably halfway through lunch as well :D

I still forget that my granddaughter (who is just coming up to 2) isn't a dog at times - I tried to get her to lift one foot yesterday so I could hitch up the foot of her tights and couldn't work out why she wasn't cooperating - then remembered that she only had one left to balance on, not three!

I still forget that my granddaughter (who is just coming up to 2) isn't a dog at times - I tried to get her to lift one foot yesterday so I could hitch up the foot of her tights and couldn't work out why she wasn't cooperating - then remembered that she only had one left to balance on, not three!
As I said, life gets confusing when you hit thirty.

It's similar if you are used to horses - I remember one fidgety child being told loudly by its Mum to "STAND"!

I still do it to my daughter(nearly 19!), when we cross a road I say 'wait' and when it's clear I say 'cross'...:D:D:D

I'm getting another grandchild at the end of July:)

I went to the hospital with my son and daughter-in-law for the 12-week scan this afternoon, as children aren't allowed in the scanning room. L entertained herself by undoing my laces, and leading me like a dog on the lead around the corridors. At each junction she stopped, said 'car', and looked each way before moving on.

After the scan, they collected the photos of the baby. When they showed them to L, she said, 'Dog!' :D

:DThat's brilliant, your grand daughter sounds like my kind of child!:D
And big congrats to you all re news of the new pup, I mean baby! How exciting:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back