The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Dog Whisperer Tonight

Interesting collection of CM clips which illustrate why he wouldn't get within 20 miles of any dog of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCGtatpCwI...player_embedded
Beyond appalling ... and there's a child in that first clip - what sort of messages is CM giving that child, directly or indirectly? It's OK to kick out when you don't like how someone's/something's behaved?

My Whippet has a thing about the scooters that kids play on - he WAS OK until a local girl repeatedly rode right up behind him despite me asking her nicely and firmly, not to do it. It's not just the noise the scooters make, it's also the vibrations in the ground; he's become unnerved by them and barks and jumps about whenever he hears or sees one, now. If I walloped or kicked him for reacting with fear aggression, it'd get me precisely nowhere. Just make him worse.

Plus, if I had to wallop or kick a dog, in the name of "training" or "discipline", that'd be the day I gave up

Plus, if I had to wallop or kick a dog, in the name of "training" or "discipline", that'd be the day I gave up

Me too :angry:

I noticed that a lot of the dogs in the clip were wearing his own design 'illusion collar', this is a double collar designed to hold the slip part of the collar up under the chin where it's most effective pressing against the dog's windpipe. Other dogs in the clip were wearing prong collars, horrible things that should be banned.

that's a shocking and saddening video, I know it has been edited to look bad, but a man who's kicks come that easily and well aimed (and hurt) is not a man I could ever look up to whatever he has done for dangerous dogs, be interesting to know the stats for his 'work'/bullying 5 years down the line!

It's the same video - I suspect it won't be there long. Anything critical of CM (there have been a few on Youtube, including off camera stuff showing him taunting and winding dogs up before filming to make them appear more aggressive) seems to 'disappear' very quickly.

I simply don't understand how people can see what he does and think it's OK - nor how owners can stand back and watch him handling their dogs like this.

I believe he did tone down his methods a bit on his recent UK tour, but I think that's because he met a lot of very strong opposition and criticism here, eg:

http://www.dogwelfarecampaign.org/press-statement.php

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back