The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Effect Of Living With Sighthounds

Fleesh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As we all know from experience, living with a sighthound (or several) has a profound effect on out lives. We do foolish things, like running around shrieking and flapping our arms around, buying toys, fleeces, treats, the best food. We let them under our duvet and many have witnessed the changes they can make in other peoples lives.

Well most of you will not know my OH is totally blind, he had never owned sighthounds but it's easy to see their effects. This afternoon as I was standing washing the pots Rob came round the corner onto the yard with a plastic bag he'd pulled off the gates, it blew away and there he went chasing it up the garden with all the enthusiasm of a hound on the hunt. Plastic bag retrieved he dumped it in the bin and came into the house to be greeted by me having a coughing fit over the kitchen sink, too much laughing ends in crying and all that, the tears were rolling down my face.

If a sighthound can induce a blind person to randomly chase a plastic bag up the garden, then what the hell must it do to those of us who are sighted (w00t) . Must dash, the newspaper is going to come through the letterbox I have HAVE TO, GOT TO BE, MUST MOST DEFINATELY BE THE FIRST TO FETCH IT !!! :eek:

Whippet power is incredible isntjava script:emoticon('(w00t)')

smilie it!!!! (w00t)

Yip, life never is the same once you've caught the whippet bug ... best bug I ever caught though!

:D :D :D

Jill

(w00t)

Class

I was laughing more at the thought of you laughing/coughing!!!

Are you a smoker like me then?

I don't have a good laugh any more just a really good cough lol lol cough cough

Well as my mum says"If you didn't laugh, you would have to.....pee!!"

lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a wonderful effect they've had on Rob :D :thumbsup:

Would love to have seen a photo of him coursing a plastic bag up the garden (w00t) :teehee:

I'm not a smoker, just had a case of the winter snot bug :eek: . So laughing, coughing, tears running down my face, considering the dash to the loo and hoping I can get in my next breath of oxygen soon before I pass out.

Fleesh said:
I'm not a smoker, just had a case of the winter snot bug  :eek: . So laughing, coughing, tears running down my face, considering the dash to the loo and hoping I can get in my next breath of oxygen soon before I pass out.
YES BUT WERE YOU THE FIRST TO GET THE NEWSPAPER :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back