The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

'the King Of The Road' (ireland)

Bluebell

Mc Coy Racing
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I would just like to share a few pic's of our day out at one of Irelands top Pony Trapping/Pacing events it is Titled 'The King Of The Road' & as its held just 5 mins up the road from our house every Easter Sunday, Myself,Patsy & my daughter Rose (Miss Madam) attend it yearly & find it is a very entertaining event :thumbsup: some of the horses/ponies that took part were very well presented, here is some pic's... :thumbsup:

some of the horses/ponies making their way up to the starting line..

horsepacing012.jpg

horsepacing013.jpg

horsepacing008.jpg

a few action pix, it was unbelievable how fast some of these horses were trotting without breaking into a canter.. :eek:

horsepacing006.jpg

horsepacing003.jpg

horsepacing004.jpg

a few of the spectators not letting the VERY cold weather get to them in the slightest.. :eek: 8)

horsepacing034.jpg

a few more of the horses & ponies..

horsepacing043.jpg

horsepacing046.jpg

last few pic's..

horsepacing047.jpg

horsepacing048.jpg

horsepacing052.jpg

hope i didnt bore ya's,lol :lol: just thought these were good pix to share :thumbsup:

Deirdre :)

Aww Bluebell.....Lovely pictures, I enjoyed them so much too. Thank you for putting them up !! :)

Good pictures, enjoyed looking at them. What part of the country was that?

TTT said:
Good pictures, enjoyed looking at them.  What part of the country was that?
it was up north in Armagh.. :thumbsup: it was a great day out i love going to it, all the horses looked class at it :thumbsup:

Rose :)

great pics, there is a trotting horse trained near ours,.............my own horse

makes me laugh when i ask him to canter he trots even faster, don't think he

realises that it takes up more energy than a canter..............

Great pics :thumbsup: ..I see there are getting to be more and more colored trotters making appearences now & skull caps too...it used to be the guys on the sulkies did'nt give a toss about safety when they were flashing the horses but it has all changed now.

great pics!!! my cousin shane won king of the road in scot last year :thumbsup:

Bang on Deidre :thumbsup: really enjoyed looking at these hosses :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back