The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Meaning W In Bwra & Nnwrf

salvageman

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
B.W.R.A & NNWRF . if the w stands for whippet then should not the dogs that are raced have the bigger percentage of whippet blood to be termed a whippet,

w stands for WHINGERS.maybe it should read bwgra/nnwgf then this might stop all the bickering.this sport to me is not as friendly as it used to be and needs putting back on track. :rant: :oops: we have been open racers for 25 years and i have seen a big change in sportsmanship come on for gods sake we not racing for millions of pounds. :rant: :oops: :oops:

Whippet = race dog.

KC registered whippets are something entirely different but since we don't race these the opinion of what the KC thinks a whippet may be is irrelevant.

D.Dan said:
w stands for  WHINGERS.maybe it should read bwgra/nnwgf then this might stop all the bickering.this sport to me is not as friendly as it used to be and needs putting back on track. :rant:   :oops: we have been open racers for 25 years and i have seen a big change in sportsmanship  come on for gods sake we not racing for millions of pounds. :rant:   :oops:   :oops:

stop winging (w00t) :D

quote=salvageman,Jan 14 2008, 07:38 PM]

B.W.R.A & NNWRF . if the w stands for whippet then should not the dogs that are raced have the bigger percentage of whippet blood to be termed a whippet,

whippet racing up-to 32 pound bwra 35 fed after that is scratch racing any dog must be whippet like in appearance which all are whether 3 quarter greyhound or any percentage greyhound no limit on weight :)) all still non ped whippets :thumbsup: we need more dogs in the sport not trying to chase them away :(

Depends what you class as whippet like in appearance, the fact greyhounds & whippets both have long legs and long noses and can reach fast speeds doesn't in my eyes mean they can be classed as the same thing.

Obviously one person's perception of such is completely different from another's.

i bet if someone got a big dog bred from a lot of greyhound blood that turned out a great racer they wouldnt be so fast to judge the breeder or the breeding (w00t) not havin a dig vicky just my thoughts :) also whoever dosnt like the breeding of certain scratch dogs its simple dont get one remember its personal choice i dont even race scratch yet :D not for last 8 years anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
mutley said:
also whoever dosnt like the breeding of certain scratch dogs its simple dont get one remember its personal choice
See it's this that really gets my goat and seems the opinion of a lot of scratch racers - Geoff excluded, obviously he's looking "outside the box" (as my boss likes to say :lol: )

Like i have said numerous times Gary, it also affects the breeders, and at that, people who don't breed from greyhounds or whippet / greyhounds. Avit (23lb Dog x 30lb Bitch) Chunky (21lb Dog x 26lbish bitch) both 36/37lb scratch dogs, and both good examples of my point. I am pissed that a dog i have bred should have to run off (or feel they have to withdraw) in supreme scratch against what can only be classed as greyhounds, personally i would like to win fair and square on a level playing field.

We are now leaving ourselves wide open to people registering unmarked greyhounds (if you can't beat em join em as people like to say) as not everyone in this game is as honest as we'd like to believe.

Likewise, not having a dig just like to get my point across too.

I have read some where along the lines that Manchester Terrier was introduced to the greyhound breed to produce the none ped whippet which were breed originally for ratting dogs in the early 1800s anyone else heard this

If thats the case the none ped whippet is a greyhound x terrier

no sup scratch until lately vicky maybe we should do away with it :( so no limits run with no limits 40 and 36 seperate biguns may have an advantige on bends but a disatvantige on straights :)

You will get these dogs Vicky now and then -2 smaller whippet lined resulting in puppy hitting 36lb and above , its because of the amount of greyhound blood generations back over in the parents...good example k-sera x Streisand --tarkow ...sasperella x wor john -- rhyme n reason

If sup's off all our racing was re-asset like Ive said in past topics then thing might change, but the negativity of lots of members proves people are not ready for that change or they don't want it ...which is there own opinions

mutley said:
no sup scratch until lately vicky maybe we should do away with it :(   so no limits run with  no limits 40  and 36 seperate  biguns may have an advantige on bends but a disatvantige on straights :)
Obviously they have a disadvantage on straights it's that they can't fit in the bleeding traps (w00t)

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have read some where along the lines that Manchester Terrier was introduced to the greyhound breed to produce the none ped whippet which were breed originally for ratting dogs in the  early 1800s anyone else heard this If thats the case the none ped whippet is a greyhound x terrier

lol you got me on that one (w00t)

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have read some where along the lines that Manchester Terrier was introduced to the greyhound breed to produce the none ped whippet which were breed originally for ratting dogs in the  early 1800s anyone else heard this If thats the case the none ped whippet is a greyhound x terrier

George might be able to race his new pup then Dee :lol:

To use greyhounds in non ped whippet racing,means you are bound to get bigger dogs.If greyhounds are to be continued to be used in breeding,then it stands to common sense that we must allow for bigger dogs to be raced.Gonna shoot myself in the foot and say that when I look at Harvey I do not see a whippet :lol: ,but on saying that when I look at all the scratch dogs I dont see a whippet.So,just a suggestion :- " Why don't we term all the scratch dogs as just that 'Scratch Dogs' and allow them to race at non ped events. :wacko: or what thats just what they do now :lol: :D Karen

rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

The way its going Karen George will be the only one with an original none ped whippet lol .. 1800s style :- "

DENISE BAILEY said:
rodders said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

The way its going Karen George will be the only one with an original none ped whippet lol .. 1800s style :- "

Told you he was old ;)

Thats his secret of staying young looking shit lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back