The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The "runs"

Rog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My male has a runny tummy! :( is there anything I can give him to settle his stomach? The female is OK and they eat the same food so I am not sure if he has eaten something dodgy on their walk

I use scrambled eggs and rice, works for mine :thumbsup: You have my sympathy last time mine had the trots it was on my cream bedroom carpet (w00t) Hope yer pups belly improves soon :))

Fasting is often a good course of action. Fast for 24 hours.

I feed rice and poached chicken in small amounts for a day, basically something very plain.

I feel for you on this one. When Mae had a really upset tummy when she was staying with my parents for the weekend, dad picked her up to clean her and the poor thing couldn't hold it, she was that bad, and let rip right down the front of my dad :x :x . She got it all out of her system and was fine within a few hours though so hopefully yours will be the same and is now feeling better.

Good luck

i starve mine for 12 - 24 hrs depending on how bad the runs are, then chicken and rice small portions a few times a day for the next 36 hrs and see how he goes. dont be worried if his poo is quite pale with the chicken and rice its normal. hope this helps

Thanks for the advice, but STARVING him for 24 hours!!!! he has totally mastered the huge sad eyes look, I'm not sure I am strong enough (w00t)

Thanks for the advice, but STARVING him for 24 hours!!!! he has totally mastered the huge sad eyes look, I'm not sure I am strong enough (w00t)
I can sympathise with that I only lasted 12 hours :lol: Our vet told us to use scrambled egg and rice he also said what others are saying about starve for 24 hrs but its hard going. Good luck not long to go. :))

I normally starve them for at least 12 hours so that everything that needs to get out does!! I also give them kaolin which helps bung them up a bit and also give them tree barks powder (from dorwest herbs), this really healps there tummy and then give them plain chicken. I then normally give them a bit of yoghurt (natural) with the odd meal as that helps their stomachs. My little girl is prone to gwtting a upset tummy, but my others have cast iron guts!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back