The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

This Cannot Be Right

unwanted

THE CAP
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
16th June - BWRA Scottish Grand National (East Ayreshire) Format

17th June - BWRA Mid West Joyce Hutchings Mem (Worcester)

23rd June - NNWRF Master Blaster / Ballystorm G/J (Blidworth)

24th June - BWRA E Mids Another Maid (Old Hall)

30th June - South Coast Scratch Champs (Thurrock)

31st June - Jan Keeble Gold Cup (Thurrock)

July

7th July - NNWRF Vivs Quest G/J (Fordingbridge)

8th July - Fordingbridge Open (Fordingbridge)

14th July - BWRA Brandy Queen (Wallsend) - CANCELLED

14th July - BWRA North West Mr Benn Open (A & T Miners) Format

15th July - George Hartley Memorial (A & T Miners)

21st July - Scottish Champs (Kirkcaldy THIS IS OUT OF ORDER SURELY THEN ITS SCOTLAND

Last edited by a moderator:
What's so bad about that?

The North West has this problem 49 weekends of the year, people support the North East loads, it's only fair that they get a fair crack at having opens local to them too.

I was not on about the walsend open been canceled i like George was wondering why theres no opens in our region for 2 months

DENISE BAILEY said:
I was not on about the walsend open been canceled
Me neither, although it was very kind of Erica, Carole and co to move theirs.

We're lucky to get 2 bends and 2 straight opens a year in our region and have travelled out since the middle of March, by the time our opens come round in July its been 4 months. (w00t)

decca said:
i have no idea :blink: why is it cancelled

hi decca ive posted this on another topic but 4 those who missed why we r MOVING not cancelling the brandy queen open is that it was going to be on the sat of the a & t miner weekend event. so as quite a few of the people from there travel to our opens and some people from the north east area will be travelling 4 the weekend event it seemed silly to have two top ten opens on not that far apart on the same day. obviously if left as it was then either wallsend or a & t miners wud suffer so after discussion with erica myself and other commitee members we decided the sensible thing to do wud be to postpone it to september when theres nothing else on. ( well there wasnt last time we looked) hope that clears things up why no opens in wallsend ( north east) in june/july

4 those not goint to a & t miners weekend event and fancy giving their dogs a run the two north east clubs bigges maine and the rising sun handicaps will be on bigges maine 11am sat and rising sun 11am sun. :cheers:

sherry said:
decca said:

hi decca ive posted this on another topic but 4 those who missed why we r MOVING not cancelling the brandy queen open is that it was going to be on the sat of the a & t miner weekend event. so as quite a few of the people from there travel to our opens and some people from the north east area will be travelling 4 the weekend event it seemed silly to have two top ten opens on not that far apart on the same day. obviously if left as it was then either wallsend or a & t miners wud suffer so after discussion with erica myself and other commitee members we decided the sensible thing to do wud be to postpone it to september when theres nothing else on. ( well there wasnt last time we looked) hope that clears things up why no opens in wallsend ( north east) in june/july

4 those not goint to a & t miners weekend event and fancy giving their dogs a run the two north east clubs bigges maine and the rising sun handicaps will be on bigges maine 11am sat and rising sun 11am sun. :cheers:

i like the bit about not far apart ITS IN MANCHESTER im not getting at a&t miners gd luck to them and there open but its not that when other clubs av opens on the same weekends.as i say nowt for the north east dogs again,another north east club could of maybe of put a open on these dates but lst minute chance cancel that out.some other club could av had this date, dawden,horden,newton aycliffe ect.............. :rant:

George.....

A bit of light reading for you............. 8)

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
unwanted said:
sherry said:
decca said:

i like the bit about not far apart ITS IN MANCHESTER im not getting at a&t miners gd luck to them and there open but its not that when other clubs av opens on the same weekends.as i say nowt for the north east dogs again,another north east club could of maybe of put a open on these dates but lst minute chance cancel that out.some other club could av had this date, dawden,horden,newton aycliffe ect.............. :rant:

dawdon,horden, newton aycliffe r not north east clubs they r north yorks. only 2 clubs running in the north east region and that is rising sun & bigges maine. if horden/dawdon or aycliffe had n open on the same day as a weekend event i think they wud prob cancel as well rather than have a poor turn out. nothing stopping any club in the north east or north yorks region putting on an additional open though

i dont understand why dawdon etc, are classed as n.yorks

i like the bit about not far apart ITS IN MANCHESTER im not getting at a&t miners gd luck to them and there open but its not that when other clubs av opens on the same weekends.as i say nowt for the north east dogs again,another north east club could of maybe of put a open on these dates but lst minute chance cancel that out.some quote

every club is only allowed 1 top ten open. yes we have 3 or 4 @ wallsend but only one is the clubs open ie the rising sun barking dog open. the brandy queen and harry seymour are BWRA opens and the jodami ( which was @ swallownest this year) is bigges maines own open normally held @ the rising sun. my point???? well my point is every club including dawdon.horden and aycliffe r only allowed one top ten open a year so i presume they already have their own opens sorted @ the begining of the year they wudnt be allowed another one on the date that we have cancelled unless it was an additional open which like i say one of the above clubs cud put one on unless of course everyone has gone to a & t miners lol :thumbsup:

decca said:
i dont understand why dawdon etc, are classed as n.yorks
i dont know either decca but its been like that 4 the last 13 years ive been racing. i dunno if its the other side of the water is classed as north yorks and this side north east or wot? i dunno although winlaton and felling used to be n east? im confused now lol wonder if anyone knows y dawdon.horden and aycliffe r north yorks and not north east? anyone know? then let us know lol :blink:

it should be the north east combined. we are nowhere near yorkshire

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back