The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thurrock Whippet Club

WHAT A GREAT 3 DAYS RACING WITH NOT ONE HICCUP THE WHOLE WEEKEND. I WOULD LIKE TO START BY THANKING JAN KEEBLE WHO ONCE AGAIN SPONSORED THE GOLD CUP ON SUNDAY ALLOWING US TO GIVE ADDITIONAL PRIZE MONEY AND LOVELY TROPHIES FROM HER GENEROUS DONATION. TONY ON THE TRAPS ALL WEEKEND AS ALWAYS A SUPERB JOB (YOU ARE THE BEST TRAP MAN IN THE BUSINESS) AND ALSO YVONNE BEING A LINE JUDGE FOR US THANKYOU SO MUCH. OUR THREE GIRLS IN THE KITCHEN WENDY, RITA AND LORRAINE WHO WORKED HARD ALL WEEKEND AND ALL OTHER MEMBERS THAT HELPED THEM WHIST THEY WATCHED THEIR DOGS. TOM AND ARTHUR ON THE LURE. BILL DARREN GAVIN GRAHAM AND DAVE WHO SET UP AND TOOK DOWN THE TRACK EACH DAY. DENISE WHO HELPED OUT WHEREVER SHE WAS NEEDED EACH DAY. GRAHAM WITH THE PHOTOS. MY WIFE RAE WHO MADE CAKES AND SCONES. MURIEL WHO MADE OUR TABLE LOOK GREAT. ANNIE AND PAT FOR THE CARD. DAVE WEIGHING IN.

SPECIAL THANKS GO TO THOSE THAT TRAVELLED TO OUR OPEN ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT MADE THE VERY LONG JOURNEY, YOUR SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. ANTH AND FAMILY FROM THE NORTH EAST, RUSS AND MICK FROM CORNWALL, MICK DUDEK AND FAMILY FROM LANCASHIRE, KEITH WOODWARD AND FAMILY AND VICKY, MARK AND FAMILY, AND LINDA BROOM TO MENTION A FEW.

THE TOTAL RAISED FOR OUR CHARITY OPEN WAS £505. THANKS TO DAVE (MARBLE) FOR HIS DONATION TO EACH CHARITY BECAUSE HE COULDN'T ATTEND AND TAM FOR THE ADDITONAL PRIZE MONEY TO THE OVERALL WINNER. SO £252.50 WILL GO TO ST LUKES HOSPICE ON BEHALF OF SHEILA WEBB AND £252.50 TO HAREFIELD HOSPITAL ON BEHALF OF ROB POOLE. JACQUI WEBB AND ANNIE POOLE YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE PRESENTION, SHEILA AND ROB WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD.

I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THE WEEKEND AS MUCH AS I DID. WE HAD A GREAT DISCO ON SATURDAY, BINGO AND KIDS GAMES ON SUNDAY (THANKS TO RAE AND ANNIE). COOLHAND YVONNE PLAYING POKER AND TAKING ALL THE BOYS MONEY OFF THEM, AND A TREASURE HUNT FOR THE KIDDIES COURTESY OF ANNIE. SORRY THERE WAS NO DARTS AND PIZZA ON THE FRIDAY DUE TO ANDREW POCKET ORGANISING AN IRISH BAND.

I WILL TRY TO ADD THE PICTURES TO OUR WEBSITE AS SOON AS I GET THEM FROM GRAHAM.

IF I HAVE MISSED ANYBODY OUT I'M VERY SORRY BUT I AM STILL SLIGHTLY HUNGOVER FROM THE BUSY WEEKEND. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME

THANKYOU ALL VERY MUCH

RAY :thumbsup:

just like to say what a great couple of days ive had at this weekend event. great atmosphere, well organized and some great racing.well done to all who worked tirelessly to ensure that it went without a hitch well done thurrock wrc :thumbsup:

I've been continually updated,by my mate over the weekend,and sounds like it's been another great one from the Thurrock crew,was gutted I couldn't make it.Big Congrats to all involved.Sounded like I missed some great racing.Big congrats to Russ and Mick on thier wins :thumbsup:and to all the other wins,especially Bea (Whats Your Rush) another good outing Vicky and Mark :thumbsup: Oh and hope you lot checked Yvonnes sleeves (w00t) :lol:

I've been continually updated,by my mate over the weekend,and sounds like it's been another great one from the Thurrock crew,was gutted I couldn't make it.Big Congrats to all involved.Sounded like I missed some great racing.Big congrats to Russ and Mick on thier wins :thumbsup:and to all the other wins,especially Bea (Whats Your Rush) another good outing Vicky and Mark :thumbsup: Oh and hope you lot checked Yvonnes sleeves (w00t) :lol:
Ooops forgot to add heard Edge was only 3 yds down on the big boys times Russ.Will be looking out for him :thumbsup:

Just back from another great weekend of racing in Thurrock. Have enjoyed the three days of racing with some really great close finishes. We would like to thank everybody involved in the organisation, we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. :thumbsup: Well done to all winners over the three days, especially Steve and Glynis with Mega Delight who has run well all weekend as well as all other participants.

See you all next year :D

Kathryn & Paul

A big thank you to all Thurrock (too many to mention) for a really good weekend of racing with no hic ups and some fantastic racing, great atmosphere and the presentation today has to be one of the best of recent times jackets money and a room full of people cheering, Sheila & rob would of been proud! Well done all winners, runners and the old hall lot, nice to see tinkersmill back on top form!

thank you to all of the thurrock members and workers for a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

andy lou :thumbsup:

A big thankyou to everyone involved in pulling off a brilliant weekend and making us all so welcome. The track was spot on with a good covering of grass and a nice long run off and the lads did a brilliant job on the lure and traps. The prizes and payout were first class - this is how all opens should be run!

Congratulations to all the winners over the weekend, there were some brilliant races.

Only problem is we all came home a stone heavier with those gorgeous cakes ;)

always love this weekend we had yet another great time some brill racing and great nights in club, Glynis being the best on friday night lol so funny :thumbsup: did ok on sunday night beating the lads at poker looking forward to the re-match lol :thumbsup: -some very good racing well done all the winners some very good young dogs on show cant wait to see them running over the year :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for making this weekend a success. I really enjoyed the three days, especially the Saturday night dancing!

Was so chuffed that visitors stuck around for the Monday, your efforts were really appreciated.

On a personal note thank you Ray for helping me with the dogs and sponsoring the memorial event through jackets/trophies/ raffle prizes etc.(Thanks Dave for the scratch one too ). We also raised over £500 for the charities to split so thank you to everyone who made big donations! The whole day was a lovely way to remember both Sheila Webb and Rob Poole, sure they would have been smiling down on us.

Thanks again EVERYONE!

Well done to all who took part. It sounds like you all had a good time.

Sorry we couldn't make it.

Look forward to seeing the photos. :thumbsup:

Big thanx to all of the Thurrock crew for a fantastic weekend this is my 3rd year at this weekend and everyone has been brillant thankyou for all the hard work. ;) Some great racin and a few dogs to mention Bigland lad,Whats your Rush,Hunkie,Just paddy hope he recovers well after his toe injury and my mates bitch Zola Budd only 7 weeks out of season and starting to find some real form more to come from her no doubt :thumbsup:Enjoyed watching the small dogs with some real close racin :thumbsup: and lastly to Yvonne and Tony for feeding me and Mike with a great meal of pie and mash sunday night even though i paid for it in the end playin poker lol.Thanx all again already lookin forward to next year. :thumbsup:

IVE ADDED SOUTH COAST SCRATCH PICTURES AND THE JAN KEEBLE ON OUR WEBSITE WILL DO THE SHEILA WEBB AND ROB POOLE MEMORIAL TOMMROW :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the THURROCK team for a great weekend hospitality sacond to none as were the prizes on offer :thumbsup:

THANKS TO ALL THE HARD WORKING COMMITTEE FOR MAKING IT A GOOD WEEKEND

YOU ALL WORKED HARD THE TROPHIES AND RAFFLE PRIZES WAS GREAT

SO WAS THE FOOD AND PLENTY OF IT THANKS TO ALL THAT WORKED SO HARD

SPECIAL THANKS TO JOHN AND PAT FOR ALL THEIR HELP

AND CANT FORGET THE GREAT BINGO CALLER RAE

THANKS ALL

DON AND RUTH XXXXXXXXX

THURROCK W R C WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOURE NICE COMMENTS :thumbsup: BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE AT CHAMPS SEE YOU THERE RAY ;)

RUSS CLICK ON LINK UNDER MY SIGNATURE THEN YOU CAN VIEW THE PHOTOS ON THE WEBSITE :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back