The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Top Ten

DavidH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
folks all ways talk about this topic tt for straights seperate tt for bends?????

maybe it could be tryed,would you get better attendances rather than diluting over the 2.

in one sence a bit unfair if a dog doesnt do the bends,there are owners that dont like the bends. but no reason why a dog couldnt win both would look very good.

thought this could get folks airing there views as we only want the best out our sport :thumbsup: and try to bring it foward (w00t) :thumbsup:

Prsonally I would like to see separate Top Ten for straights and bends as like you say David, not all do the bends. Some dogs that do run both, are better at one than the other. I think it would be fairer as well if a dog only runs the straights for instance, that it has something to aim for at the end of the season rather than running well all season only to be denied by the bends. Maybe it could be tried. Jst a thought! :unsure:

i like it the way it is at the moment just there is too many opens to pick up points at, i think having 2 separate top tens, will take the shine of winning the top ten. hopefully next year it will be sorted, wasnt too long ago mochara won the top ten just scoring at only the big opens.

i like it the way it is at the moment just there is too many opens to pick up points at, i think having 2 separate top tens, will take the shine of winning the top ten. hopefully next year it will be sorted, wasnt too long ago mochara won the top ten just scoring at only the big opens.

your dog could shine twice if its good enough.or you could concentrate on what you fancied going for.and maybe rest up for the other hitting the champs if you thought you in with a shout. ( KATH) :thumbsup: quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
if u did top ten 4 bends top ten 4 straights u wud have top 20 then scratch top 20 and vet top 20 so instead of 30 in total there wud be 60 a tad too much imo wot i wud suggest is if u were to seperate them make it a top 5 on bends and top 5 on straights that way u wud have the same amount. mickey whizz came 3rd in the scratch top ten 2 years in a row and NEVER bend raced. so i do agree have them seperayte but a top 5 and not a top ten.

if u did top ten 4 bends top ten 4 straights u wud have top 20 then scratch top 20 and vet top 20 so instead of 30 in total there wud be 60 a tad too much imo wot i wud suggest is if u were to seperate them make it a top 5 on bends and top 5 on straights that way u wud have the same amount. mickey whizz came 3rd in the scratch top ten 2 years in a row and NEVER bend raced. so i do agree have them seperayte but a top 5 and not a top ten.

TOP 5 + champs/classics would make it more intence :thumbsup:

theres some good bend dogs who dont stand a chance on straights either because of ,weight or they just do bends better so its horses for courses dave a versatile dog will do both but i know where your coming from but id like to see it left as it is

Personally i wouldn't chase the top ten never have ..i think people over run there dogs doing so ..plus the past few years with many not traveling maybe the cost or to many opens on the same day you are running week in week out against the same dogs in your class which is many only 2 or 3 dogs

However if the top ten was split bends and straights or even left as it is with only classics , champs and selected few opens to score at them maybe these events would see better turn outs

Linden came up with a brilliant idea this year ..about running a golden point system maybe he could add his idea on here see what others think

Personally i wouldn't chase the top ten never have ..i think people over run there dogs doing so ..plus the past few years with many not traveling maybe the cost or to many opens on the same day you are running week in week out against the same dogs in your class which is many only 2 or 3 dogs
However if the top ten was split bends and straights or even left as it is with only classics , champs and selected few opens to score at them maybe these events would see better turn outs

Linden came up with a brilliant idea this year ..about running a golden point system maybe he could add his idea on here see what others think

totally agree,+cost of travel crippling our sport :thumbsup: howa linden whats your golden point (w00t)

this idea has been sugested before ,the way things are at the moment i,e, fuel costs ,employment the top ten for the past few years as been a joke ,it as not always been the best dogs that are winning or getting in the top ten IMO . i for one would like to see two seperate top 10 or 5 for straights & bends. again just my opinion ;)

totally agree,+cost of travel crippling our sport :thumbsup: howa linden whats your golden point (w00t)
My idea was about having 20 gold elite races or as they have in pigeon racing gold bird races it was to have top five in adults,yearling,pups,vets,scr, and to have big prize money on offer you had to enter you dog in with £5 at start of year all money payed in was payed out there was football cards put around at every open to be split 50%|50% with club and to go prize money I got six whippeter to sponsor for tune £600 and 20 clubs who want to enter there open for the event put up £10 forward I image these open getting big turnout this event would be run separate to any organisation adults winning would win £500 pot all the others yearling ,pups,vets,scr would have £250 pot each one it was idea to sell whippet racing more and bring whippet racing forward in my opinion not good on pc so tryed to explain best I can on here this was only idea because I think the sport needs new ideas not same old chestnuts :thumbsup:

This would mean no more extra races to calendar just make the open we got more elite get bigger turn out at opens

it as not always been the best dogs that are winning or getting in the top ten IMO
Agree with what you say John over the years there's been a few Scottish dogs that have deserved to win or finish in the top ten , but suppose the traveling to 25 or more opens have prevented them from doing so ..this is why i think if the amount of appearances to gain tt points was lesser and point allocated for tt where at just prestigious events where most compete at would be more ideal..this way tt could be left as one and the versatile bend - straight dogs would come out worthy winners

with a equal amount of straight bend opens scoring

it as not always been the best dogs that are winning or getting in the top ten IMO
Agree with what you say John over the years there's been a few Scottish dogs that have deserved to win or finish in the top ten , but suppose the traveling to 25 or more opens have prevented them from doing so ..this is why i think if the amount of appearances to gain tt points was lesser and point allocated for tt where at just prestigious events where most compete at would be more ideal..this way tt could be left as one and the versatile bend - straight dogs would come out worthy winners

with a equal amount of straight bend opens scoring
Of course this also could work with lindens type of idea too

Lindon, this sounds a fantastic idea, but not sure how you are working it, please try and explain it a bit more clearly.

Is the entry money £5 at each open, or £5 for the year?

Is it only for clubs, and is it split into bend clubs and straight clubs?

Will both the Scottish & English Derbies count?

Racers want to save money on petrol, so will there be more opens in each region counting or just one per club?

Or could you have it a north and south thing, that would save people having to travel too much, just an idea, instead of bends and straights!

And I'm not sure on your point on equal number of bends and straights counting, as there are only 2 bend clubs racing at the moment and a lot more straight opens....

but it is a very good idea, and its nice to see that someone is thinking outside the box!!!

Chris it will be £5 for year it just to try get 20 top events in calendar yes derbys would be ask if then want put there open forward to run there open to count for golden elite points may be 15 straights and 5 bends to count towards prize my idea beyond is to get 80 to 100 dogs plus opens but as I said Chris it was idea

My idea was about having 20 gold elite races or as they have in pigeon racing gold bird races it was to have top five in adults,yearling,pups,vets,scr, and to have big prize money on offer you had to enter you dog in with £5 at start of year all money payed in was payed out there was football cards put around at every open to be split 50%|50% with club and to go prize money I got six whippeter to sponsor for tune £600 and 20 clubs who want to enter there open for the event put up £10 forward I image these open getting big turnout this event would be run separate to any organisation adults winning would win £500 pot all the others yearling ,pups,vets,scr would have £250 pot each one it was idea to sell whippet racing more and bring whippet racing forward in my opinion not good on pc so tryed to explain best I can on here this was only idea because I think the sport needs new ideas not same old chestnuts :thumbsup:
the downside to this though lyndon

is other opens wont be so well attended

dogs will be kept for the elite races

so what the clubs make with the 50% 50% split they will lose out on other opens with less attendance

just my opinion

50/50 split only for football card stu elite races would have no effect how any open pays out this would run along side open it only idea stu :thumbsup:

from what i can grasp of this idea is that all clubs run their opens as normal, but the selected opens that are chosen (elite) will gain their own elite points. payout will be what ever the club do as normal. its a good idea its a bit like the trainers championship in the greyhounds where different category competitions earn points for their trainer this i suppose is for every dog.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back