The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Toy Poodles...

~Helen~

Warrior Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My auntie is desperate for a black bitch toy poodle, preferably not docked.

She has wanted one for years but has always had rescue dogs (pointers, terriers, labs) however she has just taken early retirement and is in a position to cherish her ideal dog-friend :wub:

Sadly, she's not having much luck - all the breeders she speaks to won't even take her details because she has no intention of showing or breeding from the bitch :(

If anyone knows of a toy poodle breeder who would let a black bitch go as a much-loved companion to an experienced dog-owner (30 years+ experience) could you PM me? It would make my auntie so happy :huggles:

Sorry can't help but wanted to wish your Aunt good luck in her search. :luck:

Thats awful you would think that would be their main concern before the showing and breeding, I mean what do they do if the dog is not show standard :unsure:

Do they have it in a contract couldn't she say she will then just not :- " I will get into trouble from the show people for saying that :oops: :teehee: :huggles: I was only kidding obviously :- "

I hope she finds one soon Helen :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
hope she finds one soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in touch with a friend who has whippets and poodles, but she doesn't know of any poodle litters on the ground at the moment, but said she'd let me know if she hears anything. She was also very surprised as most of the people she knows are the opposite. They don't want 'just anyone' to show - they want to sell to pet homes, or vet carefully before selling to a show home as it's their name out there and their very careful about it.

Wendy

I think that if was your aunt and wanted an undocked one then I'd wait a bit for the Animal Welfare Bill to become law. It's going to outlaw docking so there will be more around. I know of someone who recently got an undocked apricot toy poodle I'll ask who the breeder was because they might know of others.

This is a puppy list from the anti-docking alliance.

Puppy list

We have Whippets and Min Poodles and I have to agree with Wendy's friend,most Poodle breeders, no matter what size, have contracts drawn up and they endorse their pedigrees,they are a notoriously particular bunch.The last Poodle we bought we waited ages for as there really are'nt that many breeders about.

Has she tried the Poodle Rescue?

05whippet said:
We have Whippets and Min Poodles and I have to agree with Wendy's friend,most Poodle breeders, no matter what size, have contracts drawn up and they endorse their pedigrees,they are a notoriously particular bunch.The last Poodle we bought we waited ages for  as there really are'nt that many breeders about.
Has she tried the Poodle Rescue?

I don't think she has - do you have any details I can pass on? :)

There are some on Epupz Helen, don't tell anyone I said that until I am a safe distance away ok :b :sweating:

Fingers crossed, my auntie's found an imminent litter :cheers:

Thanks for everyone's help and all the helpful PMs :huggles: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back