The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Track Records (2)

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my way of thinking is if u race over 150yds then u get a clear indication of 150yds as dogs wud b slowing down to catch the lure etc but if a dog is running over 175yds then its not going to b slowing down over 150yds therefore u wudnt get a clear time for 150yds just my opinion :cheers:

sherry said:
had a look back thru old topics of mine about track records and wondered if any of these had been broken?
asfordby 8.14 showthree ( track now closed sadly)

a & t miners 8.20 showthree

bigges maine 7.98 go loco ( track sadly closed)

newton aycliffe 8.14 jacks back/hellbound

old hall 8.04 son of a bitch

rising sun 8.08 spooky jewel

coxlodge 7.99 lucky fox ( track sadly closed)

blidworth 8.02 excentric ( unsure if track record)

kirkaldy 8.10 crack of dawn

westerhope was 8.36 then go 2 did 8.35 last week

anyone know wot the following tracks track records are over 150yds:

manton, east ayrshire, dawdon, horden, stockton, maltby and any ive left off.

mutley said:
sherry said:
had a look back thru old topics of mine about track records and wondered if any of these had been broken?
asfordby 8.14 showthree ( track now closed sadly)

a & t miners 8.20 showthree

bigges maine 7.98 go loco ( track sadly closed)

newton aycliffe 8.14 jacks back/hellbound

old hall 8.04 son of a bitch

rising sun 8.08 spooky jewel

coxlodge 7.99 lucky fox ( track sadly closed)

blidworth 8.02 excentric ( unsure if track record)

kirkaldy 8.10 crack of dawn

westerhope was 8.36 then go 2 did 8.35 last week

anyone know wot the following tracks track records are over 150yds:

manton, east ayrshire, dawdon, horden, stockton, maltby and any ive left off.

as ya do broke crack o dawns track record t kirkaldy last year kaz

not sure as i was there when it was old kirkcaldy club,,,and would need to ask bill robb and pat ward etc on times

but as far as iam aware since i came back to racing in 2005,,,,the track was moved slightly,i.e the track now is slower than old track was,i.e away from tree,s

crack of dawn i have never seen race,,,but iam aware was a great dog,,run by susan and john,,,,not sure if track record was done on the old postion of track,,,only john and suan will know :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sean who has sugar rush-----i asked him one day wot was the track record,,,,,he said as far as he knew it was penneys worth at 8.13,,,,,

as ya do could well hold the track record,,as it was last year,,,,,hopfully kirkcaldy members will post and let us know----as i would like to know also :thumbsup:

i think it would be great if track records where recored for future,,,,i.e 140,,150,,,160,,,165,,175,,,200yard,,,,so in 20years or so will let us know if breed is improving :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
sherry said:
my way of thinking is if u race over 150yds then u get a clear indication of 150yds as dogs wud b slowing down to catch the lure etc but if a dog is running over 175yds then its not going to b slowing down over 150yds therefore u wudnt get a clear time for 150yds just my opinion :cheers:

i reckon your spot on kaz :thumbsup:

westerhope today shay smashed the clock old record 8 38, new record 8 19 pitty it was just a run up, doesn't stand as a record shame, but well done anyway and its a stiff up hill track :)

gin pit track 2, new record today by bagheera 8.25 and heavy going.

When I was handicapping at Coxlodge, over 35 years ago, the track record was held by Blue boy, 9.10 seconds for 150 yds !!!!! By the time I gave up, the record was, I think, 8.70, set by the fastest dog of the era, Daisy. Is Westerhope track still at Noth Walbottle Welfare, up that hill ? The fastest I ever timed a dog up there was about 9.25, in a big money match, early 70's. Amazing to think how much faster dogs have got !!

Cheers.

chartpolski said:
When I was handicapping at Coxlodge, over 35 years ago, the track record was held by Blue boy, 9.10 seconds for 150 yds !!!!! By the time I gave up, the record was, I think, 8.70, set by the fastest dog of the era, Daisy. Is Westerhope track still at Noth Walbottle Welfare, up that hill ? The fastest I ever timed a dog up there was about 9.25, in a big money match, early 70's. Amazing to think how much faster dogs have got !!Cheers.

i started in 1973 and if you had a dog that could break 9 seconds it would be open class, it's amazing how fast they are now. :cheers:

i still see a couple of the old whippet racers of the sixties & seventies i.e. freddie readman ( rch golden janella )& jimmy singlewood ( rch little marretta ) and they can't believe the times dogs are doing now.

I hadn't been to a whippet meet since the mid 70's, then when I came back to the UK, I was supprised to see the Rising Sun was still going, albeit with far less dogs !! I had a look last year at a club meet and had a great day at an open meeting, met a guy who had dogs when I had them, 60's, 70's, and we had a good craic about some of the guys from back then. Most of my dogs were local bred, but I did get a dog off Albert Pickup, Darley Fly x Susan, was very fast in his day, 8.80 ish, but wouldn't live with the dogs today. In fact my lurchers now would probably beat him over 150 yds, LOL. The organisers at the Sun were kind enough to give me a couple of runs with my lurcher bitch, but I didn't get a time on her ! Still have a soft spot for the whippets.

Cheers.

BAGHEERA broke track record again on sunday at GinPit 8-20

JOHNG said:
chartpolski said:
When I was handicapping at Coxlodge, over 35 years ago, the track record was held by Blue boy, 9.10 seconds for 150 yds !!!!! By the time I gave up, the record was, I think, 8.70, set by the fastest dog of the era, Daisy. Is Westerhope track still at Noth Walbottle Welfare, up that hill ? The fastest I ever timed a dog up there was about 9.25, in a big money match, early 70's. Amazing to think how much faster dogs have got !!Cheers.

i started in 1973 and if you had a dog that could break 9 seconds it would be open class, it's amazing how fast they are now. :cheers:

i still see a couple of the old whippet racers of the sixties & seventies i.e. freddie readman ( rch golden janella )& jimmy singlewood ( rch little marretta ) and they can't believe the times dogs are doing now.

mr gill when u were a lad way back whene :- " there were no stop watches an egg timer dosnt count :p

NEW TRACK RECORD FOR KIRKCALDY

BY SUGAR RUSH AT THE SCOTTISH CHAMPS.

TIME 8.09 SECS

you cant get track record running solo and i think as you do was solo

llast post was mine and not val just forgot to log her out and me on :clown:

As ya do and kaiser cheif both did 8,66 then As ya do did 859 in its solo run

tanglewood said:
you cant get track record running solo and i think as you do was solo
This is what i was lead to believe - however, got told to announce new track record so presumed Kirkcaldy WRC were allowing it to stand. Either way it's a bloody great time and i'm sure there'll be some getting close at weekend.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back