The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

TRAP BOARDS

• Thread starter RCHSAMSARA@TISCALI.CO.UK
  • Start date

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I total agree we should bring postal vote back in ...what happens when there is some thing in your life thats more important or what if you live miles away say scotland ...everyone should have there right for freedom of speech

[Ref. springboards,Fools]------- anyone with just a small bit of intelligence must realise that spring boards cause injuries. i.e what about the dog at the SCOTTISH DERBY afew year ago, came out of trap and collapsed 20yds up track. It sustained a serious back injury and was lucky to ever walk again. They cause more injuries than enough ,both back injuries & muscle injuries. Its time people started thinking about their dogs & not themselves.

TO RchSamsara

I agree it is much cheaper putting a stamp on a postal vote. It is a shame those who are unable to attend can nolonger vote. But this was due to members who wanted a true and proper A.G.M. Neither of us work it was an expence we could ill afford to. Shame the members who wanted a true and proper A.G.M did not stop to think of there fellow racers. As far as kick boards go I agree with our new member I.R.N.

Its time we thought of our dogs well being and the injuries thay suffer due to kick boards

TO I.R.N.& TANYIA

WHAT PROOF HAS ANY BODY HAVE THAT KICK BOARDS

CAUSE MUSCLE INJURIES ECT . I HAVE RACED WITH & WITHOUT BOARDS

OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS,YOU GIVE ONE INCEDENT OUT OF HUNDREDS OF RACES I DONT THINK THATS A GOOD ENOUGH REASON TO BAN THEM.

MY OPINION WHY DOGS PICK UP MORE INJURIES NOW IS BECAUSE THEY ARE A LOT FASTER,HAVING TO PULL UP IN A RUN-IN SOMETIMES LESS THAN 30YDS LONG EVEN A LONG RUN-IN THERE IS A LOT OF PRESSURE ON A DOGS TOES AND MUSCLES. (MY OPINION) YOU CAN STILL HAVE A POSTAL VOTE & HAVE A TRUE & PROPER A.G.M. :D

i think kickboards should be done away with altogether,

we all know they make some dogs trap better than others,

which cant be fair,also how can people justify the times their dogs are doing over certain distances,maybe now racers will get a accurate time as to how fast their dogs have run,its no good going on about it ,well done to the bwra for banning them i just hope the nwrf and all whippet racing clubs around the country will do the same :D

I have raced whippets for alot of years with or without spring boards i have to agree with john gill on that these injurys happened years ago when noone used spring baords ....i all so see alot of injurys in greyhounds on the bends ands straights and they dont use spring boards do they.....

To all those still moaning about kick boards the decision as been taken {theyr banned] COMMON SENSE AS PREVAILED. for a change. The dog lovers have won. :D

As i didn't go to the AGM can someone let me know what else got brought up apart from the kickboard thing? Has anything else new come into ruling?

thats a great idea vicky....it seems there must of been more than the sprig board issue discussed that day

There were a lot of things discussed at the AGM, but two things that stand out was the passing of a one off payment of £5-00p on the annual fees to help pay for improvements to the running ground at Melton, and the capping of big dogs to 50lb limit, this was lost on a split vote and the chairman voted to keep things as they were for this year, with a warning that if we continue to breed big dogs then the vote will eventually be to cap big dogs.

hurray....... back online after my hard drive packed in ???

I was sorry could'nt make it sun ( due to vickys babys christening )

I see its no suprise kickboards are banned......personally i think its a good idea, apart from safety which some people think is a mute point, also from a time wasting view......how many have you have had to mess around adjusting ramps for various tracks, also who has found a fellow competitor in a race using youre ramp ( or is that just me!!!!) even worse who has got half way home and realised they've forgot it ( me again!!!!).

I am very suprised that no-one brought in a vote to start racing within an hour :0

Having ran at westhoughton greyhound track twice now out of greyhound traps without ramps ( with 36lber, 25lber, 28lber) they have trapped better than i originally thought......steve's 20lber coral puts the biggies to shame :p ....the thought of rampless racing does'nt frighten me as much. (and look how much time it saved us)

this subject seems to have got the non ped racers on the site once more and not before time as winter is not far away with no racing going on writting takes over so lets have some ideas for 2003 to get more people into the sport i think every one should bring a friend to a race meeting to try and get more people interested if that happened we would double the numbers attending thats a start , also the westhoughton saturday racing has to be seen to be believed with all the different breeds attending and every one seems to have fun without any backstabbing or snipping a very good atmosphere all round and a pleasure to attend i would like to say thanks to the owners of westhoughton stadium for allowing us to use the track and i hope to see lots more there over the next few meetings you will be made very welcome by all those there i am sure you dont even need to bring kickboards !!!!!with you .Steve

Have I missed something here or has the BWRA chairman - club Melton, proposed that all BWRA members pay £5 to improve the ground at Melton club at a meeting held at Melton club!

Hi Tony, It was prop. by Tony Cooper not the chairman for a one off payment of £5 to help improve asfordby track.

back to kick boards if people are trying to save time why have front boards not been banned as they take longer to get on and off. ps[Tylers Tornado is in pup to Master Blaster pups are due Jan 6th] hope you all have a merry xmas and an injury free new year

I must say i always knew Fluke was a phenominal bitch but yesterday at Westhoughton she murdered a 36lber out of the traps after giving it 1 1/2yd as if she had trapped with a kickboard in. This just shows how soon the dogs can adjust to not running with boards in!

I heard on the grapevine over the weekend that NWRF aren't going to ban the use of kickboards, and that this was brought in by one of the committee (not put to the racers to vote on). Why don't NWRF let the racers have their say (not just about kickboards but various other things)? Have they ever held AGM's?

Can anyone shed any light on the above?

Well I for one hope that rumour is not true. In the past we have always had guidence on rule changes or unclear areas in wn lets hope we get the same next year because we will need it. You have to take on board that clubs use their own rules so in my opinion every advert for a open should state if kick boards will be allowed or not. Lets hope that all groups that run whippet racing make it clear if kickboards will be allowed or not just imagine turning up at a race without one and being told that they can be used that yard or two at the traps will make the difference or do we carry one just incase. Ops better go and rescue my kickboard from the wheelie bin.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back