The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Travel Cage Dillema

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Now I have Skye I need a larger crate for both of them but my boot narrows towards the seats so only have a maximum of 34" across the back and most of the two dog size ones are 36" :( .

Have just spent all morning searching the web and my options are the largest and most expensive Croft one at £146 measuring 36" front to back and 26" across or the less expensive £39.99 but only 36"x22" :blink: .

What size cage do you think is ok for 2 whippets? Phoebe is pretty tiny but likes her own space, Skye is a cuddle monkey and average size :D .

Have also had a brief scary look at custom cages but they range from £300 upwards :eek:

I should have said that I can't get the standard square cages in as the rear door slopes away, it's an estate but only hatchback size really so I'm looking at the sloping sided transport cages :thumbsup:

what about a good fitted dog guard would that be better if you short of room

I had the same problem re size of boot and had to go with the scary barjo dog guard and tail gate - worth every penny.

I think hamstercages.com make custom cages and arent so expensive as Barjo from what I can remember.

I can get that size crate in my friends car but she has

to lay her back seats flat :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back