The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Triple-crown For The Monkey-dog !!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
stormydog said:
Just home from a great weekend in Monmouth. gorgeous setting but dismal overcastness.  this was Chinas last weekend to race as a pup and Colts first race since tearing his gracilis (plenty of toilet roll needed  :sweating: ).anyway, after my satnav not working due to a faulty cigarette-lighter i managed to use boy-scoutmanship and got to south wales with no bother using wind direction and cloud formation  :- "    fantastic venue and as usual Lurcherworld go for the big track so had the makings of a good couple of days.

there was no puppy racing till sunday so China had to go in with the under 23", 400 yds is twice shes every ran so i was apprehensive however she stole 2 pairs of nike trainers which mustve helped as she won by about 6 lengths and made the final.  next up..His Royal Injuredness..Colt  (i switched my jeans to some fetching brown cords  :sweating: ). i had the same thought for Colt as i did with China..too far possibly ?  he lead from the start and maintained his lead to win the heat by a few lengths. (brown cords off..luminous satin bell-bottoms on (w00t)   (w00t)  

Chinas final first...off they went...great commentary from Jeff had her described as bombing away from the rest 6 lengths clear and still going. then she decided 10yds from the line that she didnt like what theyd done on the line this time...had a big cover for the lure to disappear under...so she stopped !  (w00t)   then up came big Phil and Lou fowlers dog (i think).  i was well chuffed with that performance she put on..exceptional infact.

Colts final was just superb with a tight run race with him leading to around the 300yd mark then Cornwalls Les Parishs big white flyer tried to get past which only goaded Colt into finding the turbo-button ! again, Jeffs commentary for this race gave the crowd a step-by-step guide to the excitement on the dancefloor !

Race over and Colt had got it...chuffed tafuk !  a great race worthy of being a final at any show with the much fancied Cornish dog Ash in the running too.

i done a quick check over for injuries and he was fine. i decided then he wouldnt be racing on sunday as i reckon i got away very lucky to have ran him over that distance and get him back ok ! job done  :thumbsup:

Sunday the weather had quelled to a monsoon  :D ,  it was ok, no rain just a bit misty.  China got her chance at the puppies on a track shortened by maybe 100yds to 300 which is still a good jaunt for pups. she was gone ! steamed away but got a touch of cramp after finishing and wasnt to happy !  thanks to lou fowler for holding her at the line till i got looking over her, thankfully she was ok and wanted to run again !  i had absolutely no time to spare and as usual had to fly up north for my ferry so didnt see anymore of the racing.

As like any other show its great to meet up with all my dog cronies and also to meet new ones. this to me is a great sport when youve got friends like i have over there  :thumbsup:

well done Keith and Darren with Ollie on sunday not sure who won the unders ?

Thanks to Lurcherworld who ran a clockwork show, see you lot soon.

john..with the "COMEBACK-KID COLT..& THE TRIPLE CROWN MONKEY-DOG"

well done john :thumbsup: with ur 2 dogs over the weekend see u soon from daz

Great News John! Im glad it all went well!

:thumbsup:

Well done Stormy! - sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup:

what a result. im sure youre over the moon. cant wait to see how she does in the under racing. is she racing in antrim this sunday ?

hope to see her there

Way to go Handbag :wub: :wub: You must be thrilled that the monkiness can be used to your advantage.

How does it feel to be the chap to whom we all aspire in the lurcher racing world ???????

Good on ya monkey gal :thumbsup:

I am sure that Colt has given her many a pep talk , so we can all expect bigger and better things. (w00t)

Well done again John. Looking forward to Ballywalter and our gamefairs. I've takin over with gipsy and trying to get her trained up for coursing. If u remember Selby last year she did rather well so may as well train her up for it.

DSC00047.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back