The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Two Visits In One Day

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yes try not to worry, but equally don't take that type of incident too lightly. I'd bet my bottom dollar that second visit they were hoping you weren't around and would've stolen the dogs and probably stolen a few other things too. You did the right thing calling the police, don't hesitate to call them again if you think you can hear intruders later. Leave a couple of lights on upstairs too and maybe a radio on so it's looks like lots of people live there.

I used to have the same problem all the time when we had a big coursing-type smooth coated lurcher. I caught someone trying to steal him out of the car one day and the fella tried to tell me it was his dog and I'd stolen it from him! :rant: Luckily my Dad walked out of the house about 30 seconds after me and told the fella to get lost or 'else'! :D I only put him in the car for a minute and had popped back into the house to grab something I'd forgotten. If they come round again tell the fella the bitch is spayed and the dog doesn't chase! They'll soon lose interest. Horrid people. I wish I lived closer and could do something to help. :huggles: Hopefully they will already have moved on.

Vicky

x

When Fleur and Amie were "returned" to me after being missing for 51/2 hours, I was advised that to help prevent it happening again to put "Epiletic" on their tags.

Apparently any sign of epilepsy in a travellers camp, according to their traditions, brings them very bad luck.

Dont know if its true or not but worth trying!

Debbie

Hi Sarah,

I've not been on k9 for a while and i've just caught this!!!! umm!! not very good those bloody sods!!! i know you know, but do be extremely vigilant its very good that you called the police :thumbsup: do you have any family that could come to stay with you some nights or visit you, its good for these feckers to know theres people coming and going but if you keep your wits about you everything will be ok :thumbsup:

I told my neighbours and they are also going to keep vigilant and I heard on the radio today that there is a gang stealing dogs and selling them on operating in my area :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back