The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Uk Working Whippet Club Lure Coursing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I wish I could be there but other commitments I'm afraid. Would loved to have seen the lure coursing and support the Countryside Alliance too.

Apart from that it really annoys me, that like the Lincolnshire Show the Gt Yks doesn't allow dogs on the showground. I changed my mind about going to the Lincs for that reason. :rant:

Pauline

:b Ill try and remember to take my video camera Pauline :) the picture quality isnt brilliant but Ill give it a go and see if I can catch anything worthwhile. Theyre a bit quick though so I might just end up with a blur :- ". I dont suppose they allow the dogs in because of all the livestock they have there :( . Shame you cant get on wednesday. :huggles:

Tina :thumbsup:

http://www.countryside-alliance.org.uk/hun...the-first-time/

All coursers should get behind the CA and support both them and the Conservative party to repeal the unjust law that is the Hunting Act . There will never be a better chance to repeal this unjust and bigoted law than we have over the next couple of years

Last edited by a moderator:
All coursers should get behind the CA ....and there doing what...nowt

were where they when the hunting with dogs ban was being put forward..dont make me laugh.

i was told by 3 of there reps it doesnt matter if digging with terriers gets stopped as long as shooting game birds is still allowed.

Bedlam said:
All coursers should get behind the CA ....and there doing what...nowtwere where they when the hunting with dogs ban was being put forward..dont make me laugh.

i was told by 3 of there reps it doesnt matter if digging with terriers gets stopped as long as shooting game birds is still allowed.

And I couldn't agree more. I amongst many others demonstrated at Parliament Square, Brighton Conference etc in the time leading up to Hunting Act. Even then the courser's lot was overshadowed with Countryside Alliance waxing lyrical over the fate of HUNTS if the ban was to be enacted. Moving forward, what has CA done to bring hare coursing up to a similar level of importance to hunting?? Good god, the game shooting aspect receives far more attention, and that is still legal!!

No. Anyone who feels that the CA is on the side of hare coursers is misguided in my view. We were and will continue to be a sacrificial lamb. If fox hunting at some stage were to become re established but the ban on hare coursing to remain on the statute book then I suspect the silence from CA would be deafening.

lamping man said:
Bedlam said:
All coursers should get behind the CA ....and there doing what...nowtwere where they when the hunting with dogs ban was being put forward..dont make me laugh.

And I couldn't agree more. I amongst many others demonstrated at Parliament Square, Brighton Conference etc in the time leading up to Hunting Act. Even then the courser's lot was overshadowed with Countryside Alliance waxing lyrical over the fate of HUNTS if the ban was to be enacted. Moving forward, what has CA done to bring hare coursing up to a similar level of importance to hunting?? Good god, the game shooting aspect receives far more attention, and that is still legal!!

No. Anyone who feels that the CA is on the side of hare coursers is misguided in my view. We were and will continue to be a sacrificial lamb. If fox hunting at some stage were to become re established but the ban on hare coursing to remain on the statute book then I suspect the silence from CA would be deafening.

All true, I cancelled my membership to the CA after the ban because I suspected that a deal had been done to save fox hunting at coursing`s expense.

The reality today, though is that if we don`t support the CA in their drive for a repeal then no-one else is campaigning for it. United we can stand , but divided we will certainly fall . If you want coursing back then it is simple - forget the past and concentrate on the future :thumbsup:

Anyone who feels that the CA is on the side of hare coursers is misguided in my view. We were and will continue to be a sacrificial lamb. If fox hunting at some stage were to become re established but the ban on hare coursing to remain on the statute book then I suspect the silence from CA would be deafening.

Coursing has been the sacrificial lamb without question but who else is there to stand up for fieldsports ?

When The East Anglia Coursed live quarry it was a well known fact that all their members HAD to be CA members was this to support the CA or for the public liability insurance ?

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Anyone who feels that the CA is on the side of hare coursers is misguided in my view. We were and will continue to be a sacrificial lamb. If fox hunting at some stage were to become re established but the ban on hare coursing to remain on the statute book then I suspect the silence from CA would be deafening.

Coursing has been the sacrificial lamb without question but who else is there to stand up for fieldsports ?

When The East Anglia Coursed live quarry it was a well known fact that all their members HAD to be CA members was this to support the CA or for the public liability insurance ?

It was a convenient way of getting insurance cover and still is but there are other avenues open to meet that need . National Gamekeepers etc for one which is what I will be using next season. Certainly not CA.

lamping man said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:

It was a convenient way of getting insurance cover and still is but there are other avenues open to meet that need . National Gamekeepers etc for one which is what I will be using next season. Certainly not CA.

You`re missing the point - it`s not just about insurance, it`s about having an organisation representing us all in Parliament which the CA does via it`s links with MPs , the Gamekeepers organisation is a good one, but does no lobbying on behalf on coursing. If everyone had the same attitude , then there would be no CA and no lobbying done, and no return to real coursing , that might suit some who wish to chase plastic bags, but genuine coursers will be looking forward to the glorious day when the hunting act is repealed and we can once more walk the fields of this country in pursuit of the brown hare :cheers:

it would be interesting to know how many of the top organisers in the ca that are on the list on the link besides the national coursing member,are members of fox hunts and are using their position to lobby just for their own self interests,we could always course with muzzles on foxhounds carnt.a lot of hoorah henrys get fox hunting back stuff the rest,we heave more power than them.lets vote conservative b------t,they would do the same ,as cameron is a keen bird shooter.

littlenell said:
:b Ill try and remember to take my video camera Pauline :)   the picture quality isnt brilliant but Ill give it a go and see if I can catch anything worthwhile. Theyre a bit quick though so I might just end up with a blur :- ". I dont suppose they allow the dogs in because of all the livestock they have there :( . Shame you cant get on wednesday. :huggles: Tina :thumbsup:

That would be great #Tina, would love to see anything you can capture on video or camera.

I think dogs are not allowed because some of the public might step in something 'nasty'. But I'm afraid that is the fault of some dog-owners as well as an over sensitive public nowadays.

Hope everyone has a really good day :thumbsup:

Cheers

Pauline

controversial said:
it would be interesting to know how many of the top organisers in the ca that are on the list on the link besides the national coursing member,are members of fox hunts and are using their position to lobby just for their own self interests,we could always course with muzzles on foxhounds carnt.a lot of hoorah henrys get fox hunting back stuff the rest,we heave more power than them.lets vote conservative b------t,they would do the same ,as cameron is a keen bird shooter.
Hurrah Henrys , what are those???? With people like you lot on here coursing will remain dead and buried , but there again you`d rather chase plastic bags really wouldn`t you?? (w00t)

Coursing in this country is represented by the various breed clubs i.e the Whippet Coursing club, which the various whippet coursing clubs belong to.

The Whippet Coursing Club is a member of the National Coursing club , which represents coursing by all breeds in the UK.

The NCC has representation on the committee of the CA . I`ve been asked to post this by a well-known slipper who is quite frankly astonished at the apathy and non-committal attitude of people on here .

No one else will represent coursing at government level apart from the CA , so it`s a simple choice really, a bit of a no-brainer -_- -_-

I`m sure that the committee of the NCC and WCC would be dismayed at certain peoples attitudes

nigelmcfc said:
Coursing in this country is represented by the various breed clubs i.e the Whippet Coursing club, which the various whippet coursing clubs belong to.
The Whippet Coursing Club is a member of the National Coursing club , which represents coursing by all breeds in the UK.

The NCC has representation on the committee of the CA . I`ve been asked to post this by a well-known slipper who is quite frankly astonished at the apathy and non-committal attitude of people on here .

No one else will represent coursing at government level  apart from the CA , so it`s a simple choice really, a bit of a no-brainer  -_-   -_-

I`m sure that the committee of the NCC and WCC would be dismayed at certain peoples attitudes

And presumably said well known slipper is so astonished that he doesn't want to be named?? :blink: And do you mean T he NATIONAL Whippet Coursing Club. If so and just for the record which of the affiliated clubs did you belong too??

lamping man said:
nigelmcfc said:

No one else will represent coursing at government level  apart from the CA , so it`s a simple choice really, a bit of a no-brainer  -_-   -_-

And presumably said well known slipper is so astonished that he doesn't want to be named?? :blink: And do you mean T he NATIONAL Whippet Coursing Club. If so and just for the record which of the affiliated clubs did you belong too??

Getting rattled now Lampy :D The well known slipper is Arron Atmore, slipper at the last Waterloo Cup , but you`d already know that wouldn`t you. And no I don`t belong to any of the affiliated clubs. I attended several times as a spectator but as I wasn`t fortunate enough to own a whippet at that time I wasn`t a member . Do the committee of your club know how you feel about the CA ????

nigelmcfc said:
lamping man said:
nigelmcfc said:

Getting rattled now Lampy :D The well known slipper is Arron Atmore, slipper at the last Waterloo Cup , but you`d already know that wouldn`t you. And no I don`t belong to any of the affiliated clubs. I attended several times as a spectator but as I wasn`t fortunate enough to own a whippet at that time I wasn`t a member . Do the committee of your club know how you feel about the CA ????

Indeed they do know my feelings re. CA membership. I voiced them at a recent meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll see I've deleted a few posts. Please don't start with the personal comments :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back