The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Unable to walk

I wished I took my dog to another vet. My dog was unable to stand so I took her to my vet. She was 15 yrs old and had a liver dysfunction for around 2 years. The vet took a blood test and said the liver values had got worse and advised she should be put down.
Obviously this would be a nice pay day for the vets to have her put down. I didn't want her to suffer anymore and agreed to go ahead with putting her down. Now I wished I had taken her to another vet for a second opinion instead of trusting them that it was the best thing to do. I'm absolutely heartbroken she is no longer with me 💔😓

@JOHN2206 I'm very sorry for your loss.

Would it help at all to think that it was a good thing you let her go before she started to feel really unwell?

If you are struggling, the Blue Cross has bereavement counsellors that you can contact for support. That doesn't mean we aren't here for you; far from it. But they are trained and may be more helpful for you right now.

I honestly think, from what you have told us, that you took a hard decision for you but the best for your dog. It might not seem like it now, but it is the greatest gift we can give them.

Oliver had his check up today with the vet and they seem happy with him.
He's very weak and lost a lot of weight.
Does anyone have any ideas what I can feed him? He can't eat chicken so I have been feeding turkey.
Thank you x

Fish is gentle on tummies if he would take that?

I wonder if something like this might be helpful? This company sell the broth in a dehydrated form, might be worth a look. Not sure if lamb or goat might be too rich for him?

For my ferrets I've always used Emeraid Critical Care for carnivores when they've been poorly. I'm not sure if that's suitable for dogs or if they do a canine specific one... Not sure if it would have some kind of chicken in though...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back