The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Undescended Testicles

Discussion in 'Hound' started by littleman, Nov 30, 2011.

1. littleman

littleman New Member Registered

Hi was interested to know where you found this information. Obviously in humans testicles in young boys can go up and down and there is an operation where a stitch is put in to prevent it going back up. Only know this as a friend's son of 8 had this done.

2. IanGerman

IanGerman Active Member Registered

"Only know this as a friend's son of 8 had this done. "

8 years old and he had his knackers??? !!!!!

Blimey! Did he sing baritone? (w00t)

3. littleman

Very funny !! The testicle was not in the srotum when they did the check at the doctors- I think that's how the story goes! Lovely topic of conversation.

4. whippetfan

whippetfan New Member Registered

I'll hunt down the stuff about zinc and cryptorchidism soon but did find an interesting reason as to why retained testicles should be removed.

They are far more likely to suffer testicular torsion than descended testicles. I'd call that an issue and its a genuine emergency if/when it happens.

5. TillynPip

TillynPip Active Member Registered

I mentioned this on page 1. When castration is given as a reason for a defence against testicular cancer, many people dismiss it and say statistics don't back it up (I have no idea either way having never investigated it) but rarely do people consider testicular torsion. We had a working springer many years ago who died of it. In any case, you know what they say about statistics - there are lies, damned lied and statistics.

6. littleman

Had no internet access for a while so just to say thanks for all the reassuing comments I received, his testicle that had being going up and down is permanently in place and both are the same size, which is good news. He has been loosing teeth all over the place and has only 1 baby canine tooth left all others have fallen out and adult ones are growing in. His ears are definately a bit strange just now but hopefully will settle back to the way they were.

7. June Jonigk

June Jonigk Active Member Registered

Great news :thumbsup: