The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Update On Rescue Greyhound

Painted Lady

tattoo luvver
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all,I contacted rescue centre about Dinah the beautiful grey I wanted but unknown to me someone else had contacted them about her before me and they look likely to rehome her.I know its the dog's welfare that matters but I am completely gutted. I am telling myself that she wasn't meant to be ours.Kids are really sad too.

I wont give up though,still keep on looking.There are plenty of greys out there so I know there is one meant for us. :( :( :( :(

Oh I'm so sorry, that's happened to me twice recently. :luck:

So sorry for you as it was obvious you were keen on her but theres so many greys out there all looking for that special loving home that im sure you'll another 1 that is equally as lovley as Dinah..

Best of luck :luck: :luck:

Try contacting Anne Finch Greyhounds in Need (GIN) she has 100`s of dogs... well quite a lot anyway! Imports them from abroad where they face horrible fates like death by hanging/ burining etc. She also has pointers who are thrown out at the end of the hunting season. The website is very good. I know we have loads of UK dogs too, the whole situation is just quite sad really. One of my friends was literally thrown a dog at the end of a race with the instructions "you have the f***** thing its useless".....sigh. Somewhere out there is the dog for you...... good luck.

firesprite said:
Try contacting Anne Finch Greyhounds in Need (GIN) she has 100`s of dogs... well quite a lot anyway! Imports them from abroad where they face horrible fates like death by hanging/ burining etc. She also has pointers who are thrown out at the end of the hunting season. The website is very good. I know we have loads of UK dogs too, the whole situation is just quite sad really. One of my friends was literally thrown a dog at the end of a race with the instructions "you have the f***** thing its useless".....sigh. Somewhere out there is the dog for you...... good luck.
Hi Thanks for reply. I have spoken to Anne and she was very helpful. Contacted a rescue centre in Devon and as I have 2 whippet bitches she suggested a boy would go better than another bitch so there is a 2 year old boy I am hoping to get. Not gonna build hopes up again,what will be will be. God it breaks my heart when I visit all the rescue websites and see these poor dogs.Will let you know what happens

sarahloveland said:
firesprite said:
Hi Thanks for reply. I have spoken to Anne and she was very helpful. Contacted a rescue centre in Devon and as I have 2 whippet bitches she suggested a boy would go better than another bitch so there is a 2 year old boy I am hoping to get. Not gonna build hopes up again,what will be will be. God it breaks my heart when I visit all the rescue websites and see these poor dogs.Will let you know what happens

very sorry you did,nt get your girl,but there will be the right one out there somewhere :thumbsup: is it the Bideford RGT you got in touch with?i know someone just got a lovely boy from there :wub:

Hi yeah it is that rescue centre in Bideford.The lady there was really helpful and doesnt mind at all travelling to Poole to have a look round our house. Iwill let everyone know how I get on.This time I wont jump the gun and presume the dog is ours.

sarahloveland said:
Hi yeah it is that rescue centre in Bideford.The lady there was really helpful and doesnt mind at all travelling to Poole to have a look round our house. Iwill let everyone know how I get on.This time I wont jump the gun and presume the dog is  ours.
good luck Sarah :luck: :luck: they are very good :thumbsup: i hope you find the right one :D :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back