The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Uphill Results

Mark Roberts

The Ringmaster
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well the weather for todays invitation meeting run at the Yorkshire Greyhound Club uphill meeting was a mixed bag with showers and bright spells throughout the day.

the distance was approximatly 200yds uphill.

Some good close finishes today, a big thank you to everyone who made the day a great day.

Congratuations to the owners of the Main final Winner Lynperry Wonder at firstrike owned by Mr T Clifft & Ann Allen who ran fantasticly all day to take the win in a very close run final from Beakers Cyanara Ice Saint Of Niisyf.

Congratulations also the the Consolation Final winner Winterfell Tinkerbelle owned by Sarah & Bob this bitch showed very good pace all day and this was a very well derserved win for her owners from Gemma Openshaws "Better Late Than Never.

a very good day except for being shafted by the pub after the event it was advertised there would be a buffet and the whippets were welcome well if a few bags of ready salted crisp and a small block of cheess is counted as a buffet then fair enough otherwise those who attended the pub (which turned out only to be whippet owners) were VERY! dissapointed and ruined an otherwise great day.

ROUND 1

Lynperry Wonder at Firstrike

bt

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

Spirit Of Appin

bt

Precious Ruby Murray

Parkstone True Blue (ran a bye)

Starvass Moonlighting

bt

Pennymeadow Penny

Penny Pictures

bt

Better Late Than Never

Cyanara Ice Saint Of Niisyf

bt

Parkstone Queen Of The Nile @ Firstrike

Eugenie Princess

bt

Parkstone Take A Chance

High Jinx

bt

Winterfell Sprite

ROUND 2

bt

Spirit Of Appin

Starvass Moonlighting

bt

Parkstone True Blue

bt

Penny Pictures

High Jinx

bt

Eugenie Princess

SEMI FINALS

bt

Starvass Moonlighting

bt

High Jinx

THE WELBURN WHIPPET STAKE FINAL

bt

Consolation Round 2

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

bt

Precious Ruby Murry

Pennymeadow Penny W/D

Better Late Than Never

bt

Parkstone Queen Of The Nile @ Firstrike

Parkstone Take A Chance

bt

Winterfell Sprite

Consolation Semi Finals

Winterfell Tinkerbelle (ran a bye)

Better Late Than Never

bt

Parkstone Take A Chance

Consolation Final

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

bt

Better Late Than Never

Congratulations to all the finalist and a big thank you to everyone for making this another great day

(pics to follow i've over 500 to sort through)

Last edited by a moderator:
16th003.jpg

16th001.jpg

16th004.jpg

16th005.jpg

16th019.jpg

16th027.jpg

Thanks Again to all the Whippet Community who attended the meeting today. All ran extremely well, well done to all.

As Secretary to The Yorkshire Greyhound Club, I would like to say i knew nothing regards the meeting at the pub after the event as did not many of our members, i believe the pub belongs to one of the Members son, who was obviously trying to attract extra trade. Please accept my apologies if this was a disappointment to the end of a great day, and look forward to seeing you all again whenever we have another meeting later in the year. Thank You for your continued Support, it is very much appreciated. I'll be in touch whenever the time comes.

Thanks Again

well done sparky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you did say you wanted that jacket!!!!! (w00t)

well done everyone :cheers:

louise061071 said:
Thanks Again to all the Whippet Community who attended the meeting today. All ran extremely well, well done to all. As Secretary to The Yorkshire Greyhound Club, I would like to say i knew nothing regards the meeting at the pub after the event as did not many of our members, i believe the pub belongs to one of the Members son, who was obviously trying to attract extra trade. Please accept my apologies if this was a disappointment to the end of a great day, and look forward to seeing you all again whenever we have another meeting later in the year. Thank You for your continued Support, it is very much appreciated. I'll be in touch whenever the time comes.

Thanks Again

Hi Louise,

we didnt think for 1 minute the committee or the club was had anything to do with the buffet afterwards, it was funny cos we sat there for an hour waiting for everyone else to arrive over time it dawned on us that somthing wasnt right hope you dont think we blaim the club for the mix? up.

the club as always made us all very welcome and ran another fantastic day

Well Done Sparky & Rebecca with runner up :thumbsup:

brill day, well done archie :huggles: . Big well done to your boy Rebecca, he really did you proud, especially as he had had that extra run! Gemma, sky did you proud :huggles:

i was very pleased with my girls, especially lola (winterfell tinkerbelle) :wub:

i knew she can do it when she wants. The uphill really suited her.

some very close and exciting runs. :sweating:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
louise061071 said:
Thanks Again to all the Whippet Community who attended the meeting today. All ran extremely well, well done to all. As Secretary to The Yorkshire Greyhound Club, I would like to say i knew nothing regards the meeting at the pub after the event as did not many of our members, i believe the pub belongs to one of the Members son, who was obviously trying to attract extra trade. Please accept my apologies if this was a disappointment to the end of a great day, and look forward to seeing you all again whenever we have another meeting later in the year. Thank You for your continued Support, it is very much appreciated. I'll be in touch whenever the time comes.

Thanks Again

Hi Louise,

we didnt think for 1 minute the committee or the club was had anything to do with the buffet afterwards, it was funny cos we sat there for an hour waiting for everyone else to arrive over time it dawned on us that somthing wasnt right hope you dont think we blaim the club for the mix? up.

the club as always made us all very welcome and ran another fantastic day

Hi Mark,

No, not at all. Sorry you were misled though through this. Wishing you all well and good luck in any future events you have planned and see you all again soon.

a lovely day today, all that was missing was the sunshine :D

well done sparky, your lad ran a blinder today and that final couldn't have been closer, :cheers:

chunky Otis is zonked out on the sofa, bless his fat white bum, he fair bust his gut running today, he gets 10 out of 10 for effort :lol: he'll ache tomorrow though

i do loves him :wub:

looking forward to the next :thumbsup:

(can i nick some of the pics plz?) :*

becka

Young Jack showing his slipping skills he learnt from the master.

16th260.jpg

16th263.jpg

16th264.jpg

16th265.jpg

beaker said:
a lovely day today, all that was missing was the sunshine  :D
well done sparky, your lad ran a blinder today and that final couldn't have been closer,  :cheers:

chunky Otis is zonked out on the sofa, bless his fat white bum, he fair bust his gut running today, he gets 10 out of 10 for effort  :lol: he'll ache tomorrow though

i do loves him  :wub:

looking forward to the next  :thumbsup:

(can i nick some of the pics plz?)  :*

becka

anyones welcome to use anything they want. :thumbsup:

Great to see the youngsters learning the trade :thumbsup: .....A lot of people forget that if it wasn't for the young 'uns wanting to learn and join our sport/s then our sports would die ........

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back