Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Upton - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellefire

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A big thanks to everyone who turned up today and helped make the first Upton show a success!! Hope to see you all again next year

Results below. Congratulations to everyone :)

SIMULATED COURSING Gyp Adam Warner Barnsley

COURSING RESERVE Flash Phil O’Brien Leeds

SUPREME LURCHER Meg

RESERVE LURCHER Jess Simon Finney Conisbrough

SUPREME LURCHER PUP Ruby Darren Adshead

SUPREME TERRIER Biff Morris Dawes Barnsley

RESERVE TERRIER Connie Gregory Paul Sheffield

SUPREME TERRIER PUP Barney Fiona McPherson Notts

RESERVE TERRIER PUP Tilly Graham Newton Barnsley

SUPREME FERRET Strumpet Kim Osborne Wakefield

RESERVE FERRET Buzz T Patrick Pontefract

RACING UNDER 23†Bonnie Becki Gledhill Morley

Tye Luke Gledhill Morley

Ted Adam Sylvester Upton

RACING OVER 23†Phil Drae Worth Upton

Vincent Mark Newton Barnsley

Jarvis Guy Taylor Upton

PUPPY RACING Murphy Maurice Garbutt Filey

Lou Becki Gledhill Morley

Wren

TERRIER RACING Nip Gaz Cannon

Sounds like you had a good day :D

Well Done Maurice with Murphy looks like he's coming on a treat :thumbsup: :D Karen

hi manor,can you tell me why you havnt put up the results for highclare but have done the rest of your shows???????????/ :oops: mark

markbrick said:
hi manor,can you tell me why you havnt put up the results for highclare but have done the rest of your shows???????????/ :oops: mark
simple mark. i havent got those yet. please stop reading into situations and thinking the worst.... i will post them as soon as i have them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bellefire said:
markbrick said:
simple mark. i havent got those yet. please stop trying to look for things that aren't there...... i will post them as soon as i have them. :)

Sorry Mark for my omission. Us lesser beings have other things to do such as drying out after the washout that Highclere was

nanscamp said:
Bellefire said:
markbrick said:
simple mark. i havent got those yet. please stop trying to look for things that aren't there...... i will post them as soon as i have them. :)

Sorry Mark for my omission. Us lesser beings have other things to do such as drying out after the washout that Highclere was

yes i know how wet it was i was there,and not in a tent, in a ring showing my dog and on a line racing her, and drove back soaking wet through not able to go straight in a van to change so think about the people who showed up to support your show :thumbsup: mark

markbrick said:
nanscamp said:
Bellefire said:
markbrick said:

yes i know how wet it was i was there,and not in a tent, in a ring showing my dog and on a line racing her, and drove back soaking wet through not able to go straight in a van to change so think about the people who showed up to support your show :thumbsup: mark

We appreciate the support of all who take the time and trouble to attend our shows. Especially those who turn out in all weathers. I hope the weather is kinder on your next outing.

nanscamp said:
markbrick said:
nanscamp said:
Bellefire said:
markbrick said:

We appreciate the support of all who take the time and trouble to attend our shows. Especially those who turn out in all weathers. I hope the weather is kinder on your next outing.

thats very thoughtfull of you thanks mark

thanks rodders,.. he looks like making a decent dog, but very puppyfied at 9 and a half months..he has only chased lure 3 times prior to this... and he beat stuarts very experienced senior unbeaten . pup to win..

jasper. said:
thanks rodders,.. he looks like making a decent dog, but very puppyfied at 9 and a half months..he has only chased lure 3 times prior to this... and he beat stuarts very experienced    senior  unbeaten  . pup  to win..
With respect Mr Garbut,I saw this race.and if your pup was the big blue one,It looked to me as if he was being naughty,and in my opinion ,he should have been disqualified.

jasper. said:
thanks rodders,.. he looks like making a decent dog, but very puppyfied at 9 and a half months..he has only chased lure 3 times prior to this... and he beat stuarts very experienced    senior  unbeaten  . pup  to win..
Loads to come then :D

[

With respect Mr Garbut,I saw this race.and if your pup was the big blue one,It looked to me as if he was being naughty,and in my opinion ,he should have been disqualified.

WELL TOMTHUMB, ON THE DAY YOUR OPINION DID NOT MATTER AT ALL, AND AS I SAID, FOR ONE, MY PUP HAS DONE NOTHING WITH LURE TRAINING BUT 3 RUNS...AND AS I SAID HE IS A BIG VERY PLAYFULL 9 AND A HALF MONTH OLD : PUP....THIS IS WHY HE WAS A BIT PLAYFUL WHILST CHASING THE LURE..AND BECAUSE IT WAS PUPPY RACING , THEN I THINK, THAT A BIT OFF BANTER BETWEEN THE DOGS IS EXPECTED....

jasper. said:
[

WELL TOMTHUMB, ON THE DAY YOUR OPINION DID NOT MATTER AT ALL, AND AS I SAID, FOR ONE, MY PUP HAS DONE NOTHING WITH LURE TRAINING BUT 3 RUNS...AND AS I SAID HE IS A BIG VERY PLAYFULL 9 AND A HALF MONTH OLD : PUP....THIS IS WHY HE WAS A BIT PLAYFUL WHILST CHASING THE LURE..AND BECAUSE IT WAS PUPPY RACING , THEN I THINK, THAT A BIT OFF BANTER BETWEEN THE DOGS IS EXPECTED....

IN MY OPINION A PUP SHOULD NOT BE ENTERED INTO A RACE UNTIL ITS FULLY SCHOOLED. OBVIOUSLY YOU AND YOUR DOG ARE BEGINNERS AT RACING.

THAT POOR LITTLE DOG WAS KNOCKED FROM PILLOW TO POST BY YOUR GREYHOUND PUP, MY DAD THINKS IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU SCHOOLED IT AT YOUR LOCAL GREYHOUND TRACK. JUST A FRIENDLY BIT OF ADVICE :thumbsup:

TOMTHUMB said:
jasper. said:
[

IN MY OPINION A PUP SHOULD NOT BE ENTERED INTO A RACE UNTIL ITS FULLY SCHOOLED. OBVIOUSLY YOU AND YOUR DOG ARE BEGINNERS AT RACING.

THAT POOR LITTLE DOG WAS KNOCKED FROM PILLOW TO POST BY YOUR GREYHOUND PUP, MY DAD THINKS IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU SCHOOLED IT AT YOUR LOCAL GREYHOUND TRACK. JUST A FRIENDLY BIT OF ADVICE :thumbsup:

Murphy's a whippet/greyhound cross,the same as Stuarts pup :D Karen

rodders said:
TOMTHUMB said:
jasper. said:
[

Murphy's a whippet/greyhound cross,the same as Stuarts pup :D Karen

This is why we have puppy racing, so that puppys can gain experience through racing with other dogs their own age. A dog cannot learn to run in company without running in company. The judge's decision is final, and the judge obviously deemed that the dog had done nothing wrong.

Emma.

Our mistake Karen :oops: it was the sheer size of Mr Garbut's dog which led us to think it was a Greyhound pup sorry.

With respect Emma, how on earth can a pup learn the art of lurcher racing when its getting knocked from pillow to post.

We wouldn't allow a learner driver to teach another learner driver would we?

Surely you start off by

1 Getting the pup to chase the lure.

2 Getting the pup to go past another dog without in any way interfereing(ideally an old slower experienced dog)

3 Then this is the time to enter your pup in a race

My dad says you sound like an ex- NLRC official :D this is their attitude to racing, and look where they are today.

ie. Chatsworth used to be a very prestigous weekend of events and now its very poorly attended, especially the racing events.

You don't want your club to go down that road do you?

Please don't misinterpret what I have said, I have no axes to grind with you or your club. Infact we have supported quite afew of your shows, and you have in the past answered my queries on more than one occasion :thumbsup:

TOMTHUMB said:
With respect Emma, how on earth can a pup learn the art of lurcher racing when its getting knocked from pillow to post.

Surely you start off by

2 Getting the pup to go past another dog without in any way interfereing(ideally an old slower experienced dog)

My dad says you sound like an ex- NLRC official :D this is their attitude to racing, and look where they are today.

ie. Chatsworth used to be a very prestigous weekend of events and now its very poorly attended, especially the racing events.

Please don't misinterpret what I have said, I have no axes to grind with you or your club. Infact we have supported quite afew of your shows, and you have in the past answered my queries on more than one occasion :thumbsup:

TOMTHUMB, PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE AMAZING, BEING ABLE TO PREDICT AND ASSUME THE BREEDING OFF A DOG,..UNLESS IT WAS JUST A NARKY SKIT, AIMED AT ME, AND MY DOG..I HAVE HAD WORKING LURCHERS ,AND BEING INVOLVED IN RUNNING DOGS SINCE I WAS A YOUNG KID..AT LEAST 25 YEARS,.. AND I HAVE HAD DAMN GOOD DOGS TO, AND IN MY OPINION A DOG IS AS GOOD AS YOU MAKE IT, TO AN EXTENT..AND IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO TEL ME HOW TO, OR HOW NOT TO, START A PUP OFF,..YOU MAY HAVE YOUR WAY,.. AND I HAVE MINE...MY WAY HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME... INFACT I HAVE BEING READING YOUR POSTS ON THE ENTIRE K9 SITE,..AND IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE ALL YOU INTEND TO DO ON THE WHOLE SITE IS CAUSE HARD FEELINGS WITH PEOPLE...EVERY ONE SHOULD READ YOUR POSTS TO JUST SEE WHAT YOU ARE LIKE....MOST OFF YOUR POSTS STINK,, YOU DONT HAVE ANY POSATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT ANYONE ON THERE,.... :rant: :rant:

TOMTHUMB said:

Surely you start off by

Your dad seems to say and think quite a lot of things! Like i said before, the official deemed the dog did nothing wrong. it's a shame you and your dad waited till 2 weeks after the show before making comments. Learner drivers teaching learner drivers? Nonsense. Are you telling me that you would put puppies and adult dogs all in one class? Bumping, leaning, passing etc are all part of the learning process. Otherwise, why not send them all up, one at a time, wrapped in cotton wool, and time them individually instead? I'm sure that way, everyone be happy!

I am close this thread, as the results thread is supposed to be for just that, the results :) Any more comments, please post them in main lurcher forum. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back