The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Urgent Heed Help

digzoils

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have just found a wonderful big wooly Lurcher, a real old gent :wub: .

I have had to put him in next doors shed, not ideal but our dogs will not tolerate him so we have had no choice. We found him in the Barnsley area near the Transpennine trail so he could have come miles. He has a collar but no ID tag or chip. I dont want to hand him over to the dog warden but we can't keep him permanantly. We have reported him to the police and they have our details I am going to start looking on the lost dogs sites, anything else we can do?

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
digzoils said:
We have just found a wonderful big wooly Lurcher, a real old gent  :wub: .I have had to put him in next doors shed, not ideal but our  dogs will not tolerate him so we have had no choice. We found him in the Barnsley area near the Transpennine trail so he could have come miles. He has a collar but no ID tag or chip. I dont want to hand him over to the dog warden but we can't keep him permanantly. We have reported him to the police and they have our details I am going to start looking on the lost dogs sites, anything else we can do?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I think there's a site called 'dog lost' I don't know the exact address. You could check on there to see if he's been reported missing. Also LurcherLink are based in West Yorks and have lots of people who can Foster dogs at short notice. That would be the best bet, much better than the dog warden or the shed. Here's the link...

http://www.lurcher.org/llink/forum/index.p...ddb95421918cf18

Vicky

x

There are a lot of lurcher types on that site....wish I hadn't looked now it's really upsetting :- (

Vicky

x

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere you can take him to have him scanned in case he's been chipped?

Thanks for the advice everyone :thumbsup: , we took him to the police station to report him (a requirement by law) they scanned him, no chip. We are not handing him over to the dog warden or he will just enter the system and we will lose control over what happens to him and I will never sleep. He has an owner out there somewhere.

I am going to contact Lurcher.org they may be able to find a foster home, we dont mind paying for his upkeep if they can.

Paul

digzoils said:
Thanks for the advice everyone  :thumbsup: , we took him to the police station to report him (a requirement by law) they scanned him, no chip. We are not handing him over to the dog warden or he will just enter the system and we will lose control over what happens to him and I will never sleep. He has an owner out there somewhere.I am going to contact Lurcher.org they may be able to find a foster home, we dont mind paying for his upkeep if they can.

Paul

Keep us posted. If you don't have any joy with Lurcherlink then please let me know as I may know of someone who could foster him in the Hull area. How big is he? Is he a greyhound size lurcher? Is he friendly?

Vicky

x

Thanks for that Vicky, He is very friendly, about small greyhound size a real old Gent at least 10+. He's OK for tonight, warm fed and watered,see how we go tomorrow.

Paul

digzoils said:
Thanks for that Vicky, He is very friendly, about small greyhound size a real old Gent at least 10+. He's OK for tonight, warm fed and watered,see how we go tomorrow.
Paul

Awww. Poor old boy. I wonder if he's an old coursing dog? Glad he's safe and well with you. Let me know tomorrow if you need help in finding him a foster home and I'll see what I can do.

Vicky

x

tom.jpgGreat news, the owd Tom is back with his family :D the dog wardens were on the ball and made the connection.

We now know why he was puffing and panting up the hill and why he is so skinny

and a bit wobbly,the old lad is 17 years old (w00t) . Still has all his teeth and that wonderful spring in his gait though.

Thanks everyone for their concern and help.

Paul.

What fantastic news. Bet the owners are glad to get him back. Well done for the care and time you spent with this lovely old boy.

Debbie

Oh that is great news! :cheers:

I'm so pleased he is back with his family :huggles:

Liz and the Monellis

Awww. I'm chuffed to bits about that! :) What a lovely old boy, I'm so glad he's reunited with his family :wub:

Vicky

x

Awwww I do love a happy ending :huggles: Well done for helping the lovely old lad :wub:

a big pat on the back for helping this old lad out.well done.i truly believe if you do good it comes back to you(as im also sure that if you do harm that comes back to you too) :thumbsup: so for helping him out im sure you will be rewarded in return one day :huggles:

Good on ya Paul! All it takes is one good person to step in to help, and a lovely old boy and his people can be reunited :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back