The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Urine Test

shameless52

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The Urine test

(This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - What he says makes a lot of

sense!)

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as

it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling

contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol,

with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who

don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to

get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their

feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their

arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass

a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete it if you don't.

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK ,

and soon

watch me get shot down for this but

why is it a hell of a lot of people in the dog world on the dole?

a few months I nearly claimed (being a roofer there wasnt much work) but my self and a few other muddled through by all labouring for each other (different trades) and I thought no I'm not but there seems to be a hell of a lot of long term people on the dole in dogs loads claiming they are ill but they can still trot the dogs around the ring.

BTW i must add that this is in no way aimed at those who seem to lose their lives being carers because the government hasnt anything in place for the unfortunate members of their family

rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought for you ... for many with genuine chronic health problems their dogs give them a reason to get up in the morning and put something back into lives blighted by an inability to work ... the "trot round the ring" with their dogs may be the only highlight in a a week of inactivity forced on them by their ill health and may be paid for with pain and exhaustion for days afterwards ... not all illnesses show. Of course there are plenty of benefits cheats out there but there are many on incapacity beneft suffering the double indignity of being ill and being treated with contempt by those around them.

Just a thought for you ... for many with genuine chronic health problems their dogs give them a reason to get up in the morning and put something back into lives blighted by an inability to work ... the "trot round the ring" with their dogs may be the only highlight in a a week of inactivity forced on them by their ill health and may be paid for with pain and exhaustion for days afterwards ... not all illnesses show. Of course there are plenty of benefits cheats out there but there are many on incapacity beneft suffering the double indignity of being ill and being treated with contempt by those around them.
if they can get out for the day to trot around the ring then they can do a days work

if they can get out for the day to trot around the ring then they can do a days work
not always is that the case ,as thementalchicken says not all illnesses show and that couple of hours a week gives then some normality and something to look forward to and just beacause they are on incapacity benifit doesnt mean that they havent worked in the past ,yes there are lots of beneft cheats out there ,there are enough near me :angry:and yes i have reported them , but we also have to remember there are genuine cases ,the old saying comes to mind never judge a book by its cover ,we are all guilty of this at times .The ones who do milk the system for every penny give the genuine ones a bad name as well .I cared for my mum for 5 years and didnt get a penny till the last year ,as i didnt even know that there was such a thing as carers allowence and yes i felt guilty receiving it as i felt it was my responsibilty to care for my mum :b i hope my post has not offended anyone :unsure:

I hope for your sake that you are never stricken by one of the myriad diseases that might allow you the odd day out but deprive you of the ability to earn enough to reliably support yourself let alone your family ... just a few of the often invisible yet debilitating illnesses to be thankful you don't have ... cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Lyme disease ... the list goes on. Maybe you should be thankful you're able to work and stop taking cheap shots at those who genuinely cannot.

I hope for your sake that you are never stricken by one of the myriad diseases that might allow you the odd day out but deprive you of the ability to earn enough to reliably support yourself let alone your family ... just a few of the often invisible yet debilitating illnesses to be thankful you don't have ... cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Lyme disease ... the list goes on. Maybe you should be thankful you're able to work and stop taking cheap shots at those who genuinely cannot.
Good post :thumbsup:

watch me get shot down for this but

why is it a hell of a lot of people in the dog world on the dole?

a few months I nearly claimed (being a roofer there wasnt much work) but my self and a few other muddled through by all labouring for each other (different trades) and I thought no I'm not but there seems to be a hell of a lot of long term people on the dole in dogs loads claiming they are ill but they can still trot the dogs around the ring.

BTW i must add that this is in no way aimed at those who seem to lose their lives being carers because the government hasnt anything in place for the unfortunate members of their family

rant over

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

how the hell do you know they are not ill !!!!!!

my husband had a stroke nearly 4 years ago and gets paid half of his original salary by the insurance company as he cant do his job now due to brain damage......he will be getting made reduntant after christmas, which mean we will lose the hundred grand he earns a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....you wouldnt know there was anything wrong with him by looking at him........so all these folk that you claim are diddling the system may well not be......as has been said dont judge a book by its cover !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Urine test
(This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea - What he says makes a lot of

sense!)

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as

it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling

contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol,

with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who

don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to

get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their

feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their

arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass

a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete it if you don't.

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK ,

and soon
This is all a bit old hat now - I saw this a few years back. There's always a danger of offending people when you generalise situations. Unless you went to the DSS with any of these people you are referring to - how the hell would you know if they were on the dole, or if indeed they were sick.

Maybe you need to complain to your MP instead of people who are interested in dogs :lol:

watch me get shot down for this butwhy is it a hell of a lot of people in the dog world on the dole?

rant over
I'll guess that you are a self employed roofer, and that your as honest as the day is long when filling in your tax returns :b

Some press reports suggest the informal economy could be withholding as much as £75billion from the Treasury coffers, mainly through so-called ‘cash-in-hand’ payments.

watch me get shot down for this butwhy is it a hell of a lot of people in the dog world on the dole?

rant over
I'll guess that you are a self employed roofer, and that your as honest as the day is long when filling in your tax returns :b

Some press reports suggest the informal economy could be withholding as much as £75billion from the Treasury coffers, mainly through so-called ‘cash-in-hand’ payments.
:thumbsup:

lol ME= the new bad back

and I have a useless thumb on my left hand where it was chopped of and sewn back on my right thumb doesnt work properly either where the tendon was ripped out of it and my knuckles are smashed to nits, I have rheumatism in my knees from years of kneeling on wet batten on the roofs all of which I take medication for whos talking cheap and I still go to work lol

rant over

lol you know nothing about the construction industry its all stopped at source now(tax) and let me guess you have never paid cash for anything and you have declared any pups you may have bred to the treasury?

I have a sex addiction and have to spend all day ,so have only got time to walk the dogs inbetween doing it :clown:do you think i could get a mobility allowance ?(please bear in mind that i work as a milkman )

probably DK I bet you are dreaming of the car on mobility all ready lol

Your turn to go nuts this week is it ? you nutter! i am a lunar ! :D

well if its true that dogs are like their owners then according to the coven on here me and him have only got one ball each ;) shame they are wrong on both counts cos it would have made a great stage act

rant over

lol you know nothing about the construction industry its all stopped at source now(tax) and let me guess you have never paid cash for anything and you have declared any pups you may have bred to the treasury?
I know more than you think about the construction industry, I was refering to the cash in hand jobs in and around your area.

I can clearly see that you're a roofer 8) because you've got a slate loose :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back