The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Venue For 2006 Bwra Straight Champs;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
MALCOLM CLARKE said:
Doreen
The problems that both organisations are faced with at this moment in time has been coming for a number of years. I do not wish to dwell on what has been the cause to the loss of some of the very best of venues up and down the country both bends and stright.

I would rather look to the future of the sport, having been involved in all areas of the hobby both from a racing competitor & as an of organiser of events upto championship level i feel. The time has come to put any differances between organisations or personal fall outs aside.

Our hobby is at a cross roads and is on the brink of extinction. I therefore ask all with a talent or previous experiance to pull together. It is a time for change.

Committee members need to be firm and fair when dealing with complaints, you also need help with these matters and regional reps must work with you to up hold your democratic decisions. Tracks around the country are nervous enough to offer there sites fear of losing there ground .Due to mindless visitors.

It is time to look out side the normal calender or venues we would use. You may have to change the way in which we organise events or handle presentations.

Events can be held without the track holding the event having to offering camping facilities as long as there is a local camp site or farmer near by willing to offer camping.

May be we could have a dinner dance held at a central hotel in the Midlands at the end of each season. These events in other hobbies are looked forward to by many.

If the events were held in conjunction with another major outside event,such as the Midland Game Fair or Chatsworth both held in the Midlands you may find you will already have many of your areas covered.ie toilets insurance camping.

This will also offer other attractions to the days racing and will attract others into our sport. I can here the war cry now what about the running surface. You will find the organisers will come to understand your needs in time. At present we do not have any track that can accomadate camping or presentation or at least are not willing to offer you their ground.

I would feel by this time many reading this post will be saying its alright talking like this, but who would be willing to pull this together as it will mean major changes and lots of work over sevaral years. Many in the sport now can not remember my time with the BWRA. However many still make comment even today that it was well organised and fair but rules were adhered to by all.

I am therefore willing once again to offer my time & services to the top table.

I would ask you take this to regional level and take a vote.

Regards

Malcolm

speaking as N/W/ regional secretary we can,t take this to our members to vote on.

Whilst I agree with all you are saying Malcolm there appears to be one rule you have overlooked, if there is a position vacant on the top table you may wish to fill you need to have a nominee and a seconder, as should anyone else who may like to fill the vacancy then it should go to the members to vote on.If or when you are elected onto the top table good luck and welcome back

Linda Broom

sherry said:
maybe its going to have to be be daily events in two separete weekends just for next year if nothing can be found. im sure kirkaldy wud welcome us with open arms though but too far north 4 some same as somwehere down south is too far south 4 some.
If it has to be a day event in my opinion the possability of regional qualifiers have to be considered so that all racing has to be done in one day. In my opinion the Kirkcaldy track has the facility's to hold the event and it's no further north than most of the opens are south.

jade scott said:
Would Thuruck Not be a possibility there weekend events are highly successful and the team of workers at thuruck are some of the best around. If the right precautions were put in place to stop bad behaviour then this may be a good idea? I know it is 'South to most people' but takes me longer to get there then most people in the midlands, is easy to get to and i personally would rather travel an extra few hours to get a camping venue where i can enjoy myself instead to having to drive there and back or pay a fortune to camp elsewhere just to watch both days racing.
I think that every possible venue should be considered for next year and see where it goes from there. I personally feel the championships should move around the country anyway.

(Sheila & Co. hope i am not out of line for suggesting your club)

I have to admit I have never been to Thurrock but all the report's that I have heard are posative but the one thing that concerns me is daylight this could be a problem if the racing goes on a bit as it has in the past as the further south you go it get's darker earlier. There have been day event's that I have attended in the past that when I have left I have had the lights on my car turned on but after a while I can turn them off as the further north you go daylight last's longer after all it would be unfair on the people running the event and the club hosting the event if mother nature won the race.

tell you what you would not go wrong at thurrock great place and the crowd so long as there no agro they would think about plus b4 any one says all that way south what about us and yeah let this be a new start this yr south may mids next time or north come its getting tight here people :- " but i think aswell any probs no matter fed obwra meet out for a yr no messing.

Maby someone could contact the new owners of Seahan lesure centre and ask if we can park our caravans on there and use there facilities, hire the hall on the Saturday and Sunday night. But race at either Dawdon or Murtan both only a 5 min drive away. Not ideal but might do for the time being.

cud u not use the track @ seaham? people wud prob say its too far north. :- "

caravan for sale,due to lack of venues :rant: bet there will be a lot for SALE if something is not sorted.HOPE NOT :luck:

If thinking on the lines of just having the Champs for the day ?? why not stay at Asfordby as this is central for all to get to, then those wanting to camp can find a camp site near to the track ?? :- "

DavidH said:
caravan for sale,due to lack of venues :rant:   bet there will be a lot for SALE if something is not sorted.HOPE NOT :luck:
do u only use the caravan 4 racing david? we did but wont be next year we will have a few weekends away in it lol p.s theres still the english derby and scottish derby weekend events and hopefully still the championships. :luck:

theres a big campsite at crimdondean,2 clubhouses,3 milesnorth is horden track,3 miles south is hartlepool,plenty to do gr8nightlife,and historic sights,crimdon,has about 200 statics&room for about 150 tourers,theres entertainment on at the clubhouses,or another 5 miles north is dawden&murton,think hordens the best venue,as there is ample parking,just a thought,plus the beaches at crimdon are 2nd to none offering miles of flat golden sands,could make some enq,if need be :cheers: ,plus half a mile away theres another camp site my sons m8 owns nothing on it like but if its peace,you want its the place to be right on the beach its gr8,

if we not good enough to stay ,why run it there :rant:

:thumbsup: david,nice one m8

DavidH said:
if we not good enough to stay ,why run it there :rant:

spot on Dave :thumbsup: i think we should hang on and see what happens no point panicking there are a few things in pipe line :))

Last edited by a moderator:
what about giving Dudley a try in the midlands :thumbsup: and the English derby was good there a few year back ;)

:rant: Because it is a good track :rant: or does that not matter nowadays :rant:

JoJess said:
:rant:   Because it is a good track  :rant: or does that not matter nowadays  :rant:
I think thats what most of us forget, a good track and running surface is the main priority over whether or not the beer's good / club's open etc :lol:

i agree with Dave sorry :angry:it wants to be a good track all the extra fiver's we paid :- " lets be honest how many of us would prefer to camp at champs its all part of the weekend good racing and socializing, its all part of the game :))

Last edited by a moderator:
the track should be first priorty,camping on track is required in my eyes as most people have 3 4 6 dogs they need tending to as well as race dogs and if you are on the track its easy, but if you where camping 3 mile of it would be a chore.i am sure the top tables have there fingers in a few pies. :sweating:

Did all your region reps fall asleep at last years agm ? Any money that has gone into Asfordby track has come out of Asfordbys racing club chairmans pocket. All the extra £5 paid by members went to buy equiptment the BWRA needed.

The track has improved every year, which is what we should all put first .. looking for a venue.

tanyia said:
Did all your region reps fall asleep at last years agm ? Any money that has gone into Asfordby track has come out of Asfordbys racing club chairmans pocket. All the extra £5 paid by members went to buy equiptment the BWRA  needed.The track has improved every year, which is what we should all put first .. looking for a venue.

pauline i was under the impression that the £5 was to improve the track at asfordby not to buy equipment for the bwra.

quote jan 2004 whippet news bwra A.G.M.

"dennis cockram ask if the £5 was for track only, tony cooper said that when he put his proposal in it was for aluminium fronts and for track improvments. "

so if the money was used to pay for the traps did they belong to the b.w.r.a. if so it was a waste of money because we all know what happened when they were used. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back