The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Very Sad

F

finalez

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Jo , Lloyd Fynn,well done it was a fantastic start to fynns racing career :wub: ,also well done the coway dogs Conway Gem flew all day :cheers: .We were chuffed to pieces with our little Sash (Summa Breeze ) she was in with the real tough nuts. All in all a great (though knackering )day,will say folks i'm glad ours are over,see you at yours :thumbsup:

One very sad news from Andover Open.Sue Hoddinott who's Freemont Street whilst winning stopped on the race track called me to inform us she has lost her faithfull ol' boy today.As a result from the race he had suffered a ruptured lung,and was rushed to the vet at 5 a.m this morning,whilst under an exploritary exam the vet became aware of the damaged as the would be no recovery Sue decided to leave him unconcience and let him sleep on.Alfie always gave 110% and will be missed by not only Sue and his kennel mates, but his trappers Jane Ward and Kim Saxby and of course Myself ,Mark and Mum gambit........RIP ALFIE x

How terribly sad............Is that the boy with the half black face?

At least he was doing what he loved, and better to go quickly than suffer. RIP , so sorry :(

No Jo,he was the blue white parti,brother to Wille Sparkle of Di Done out of Gambit and Rustic Harmony.Sue is as you can imagine heart broken.

finalez said:
Jo , Lloyd Fynn,well done it was a fantastic start to fynns racing career :wub: ,also well done the coway dogs Conway Gem flew all day :cheers: .We were chuffed to pieces with our little Sash (Summa Breeze ) she was in with the real tough nuts. All in all a great (though knackering )day,will say folks i'm glad ours are over,see you at yours :thumbsup:            One very sad news from Andover Open.Sue Hoddinott who's Freemont Street whilst winning stopped on the race track called me to inform us she has lost her faithfull ol' boy today.As a result from the race he had suffered a ruptured lung,and was rushed to the vet at 5 a.m this morning,whilst under an exploritary exam the vet became aware of the damaged as the would be no recovery Sue decided to leave him unconcience and let him sleep on.Alfie always gave 110% and will be missed by not only Sue and his kennel mates,  but his trappers Jane Ward and Kim Saxby and of course Myself ,Mark and Mum gambit........RIP ALFIE x

:'( I'm so sorry to read this. Alfie was running with my Woody when it happened. At the time the only explanation seemed to be that he had swallowed his tongue as after Sue got to him (which was very quickly) he appeared to recover and as he walked towards the lure he pricked up his ears and was wanting to get to it.

Before we left I spoke to Sue and she said that she'd decided to retire him from the track.

I hope that he's chasing the bunnies around at rainbow bridge. RIP Alfie. So, so sorry Sue. :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear this .........Its always clear that Sue loves her boys dearly .......RIP Freemont Street .........

:'(

I can't even begin to imagine what Sue is going through.

It could have happened chasing a crow in a field, and our dogs are designed to sight hunt. It is an honourable way to go.

Oh that is so so sad. I am so sorry for Sue. I saw he had stopped but never realised how serious it was. Please tell Sue how sorry we are.

I am sorry, I don't know either Sue the owner, or Alfie personally, but I just wanted to express my heartfelt sympathies and reiterate Barbara's thought that I too hope that he is chasing bunnies now near the bridge.

RIP Freemont Street

Last edited by a moderator:
TC said:
I am sorry, I don't know either Sue the owner, or Alfie personally, but I just wanted to express my heartfelt sympathies and reiterate Barbara's thought that I too hope that he is chasing bunnies now near the bridge.
RIP Freemont Street

myself also :( .....poor little Alfie

Oh no - so very sorry to hear about Alfie. :( Poor Sue, can't imagine how devasted she must be. What an awful thing to happen.

RIP Alfie.

Would also like to pass on our condolances to Sue & Kim, our old boy Iffy has been running against Alfie from a pup onwards, always a worthy opponent, so very very sorry to hear this sad news.

so sorry to hear about alfie. our hearts go out to you sue :(

Sue, our thoughts are with you. We know how much you loved Alfie.

He was lucky to have you, and you him.

Spoke to Sue Hodinot earlier today and she said that her older dog Alfie was dead. Alfie ran under the name Fremont Street. She said he was winning his race and pulled up ten yards from the end. She took him home and his breathing became very laboured.She then took him to the vets who took him in for an operation but they said the damage was too bad and it would be kinder to let him go under the anaesthetic. Quite sad for seven and a half year old dog to go like this.His lung had collapsed putting pressure on his heart. Very sad and i know Sue will miss him dreadfully. Sue also said how her other whippet Harry stood by him whilst he was at home looking after him.She said both Harry and Rosie knew he was in a bad way and now they miss him too. My heart goes out to Sue at this very sad time.

Didn't see this I spoke to her earlier. I wanted to cry when she told me about it.It's so sad.

TC said:
RIP Freemont Street

Same here :( R.I.P Freemont Street

Like i said on the other thread, this is so sad...

I really feel for Sue, i dont know her personally, but i send her love and hugs

Alfie went doing what he loved, and im sure hes racing round in dog heven just waiting for his beloved owner....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back