The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wanted - Bitch Puppy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lisa & Liam, Aint she gorgeous i can certainly see why you took her on just wish i had more room for some more.Best of luck for the future and she sure looks content, a sure way to a Greyhounds heart is food,could help with the Training. ;)

What beautiful dogs! :wub: :wub: :wub:

So sorry about the loss of Molly though. :( What a horrible accident.

Actually ive only just seen this and it sounds like Gap was given a raw deal so without starting a war will clarify the situation as it was actually myself that Liam spoke to.

We only had *male* greyhound puppies available for homing as the females were homed, so we were not willing to consider placing a young up and coming male into a situation with an unspayed bitch. Liam told me that the terrier bitch was unspayed as he did plan to have a litter from her. As our male couldnt be neutered till after 6mnths old had the bitch broken down there could have been an accidental mating. To us that is never an option. On explaining this it was pointed out that they have a run outside that the greyhound was put into when they werent around anyway so the greyhound could be kept outside. Obviously all this considered it wasnt deemed to be the right environment for us to place one of our puppies into to much risk of either an accidental mating or stealing.

I am glad that Liam and Lisa now have another dog but please do consider that there may be more reasons behind the turn down of a home as other comments came after from someone stating they would like a rescue dog but wouldnt be happy to have stipulations laid down. We are a welfare organisation it is our job to reduce and promote the reduction of accidental breeding in the hope that one day we will not be needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
..I should know better by now by commenting on something where I don't know the other side of the story. :- " :)

It sounds like all has worked out for the best. Tina looks like a lovely addition.

I'm glad you cleared that up though as it did worry me slightly about adopting from a rescue centre in the future :thumbsup:

Tina is doing very well, now recalling to whistle and name. Not phased by other dogs. :thumbsup: Amanda do you think you can sort out the Irish book :D

As for the GAP thing, well I was shocked after talking to Lisa.

I understand that the rules for re-homing are put in place to protect the dogs, but they seem to assume that people are morons.

As I strenuously explained that there would be no accidentally or other mating with my Jack Russell....and the Dog run is only used in Summer to keep the dogs safe and allow them to have fresh air....yet still we were not suitable, Its only a sad loss to the dog missing out on a good home, but hey thats life.

I was going to photoshop a greyhound with short legs, and a Russell with Long legs to illustrate how daft a mating of any form would be. But then realized I was letting the sarcy side of me shine through.

Power to the ladies, lol....my other half just read my reply and gave me a roasting :rant:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back