The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Waterloo Cup

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So is it okay to have more dogs with you, providing only 2 are off the lead and actively coursing at any time?

Dennis Green said:
As I read the new law, according to the Daily Telegraph, we can carry on as before so long as it isn't "organised". A group of us could "happen" to meet with our whippets and could help to flush out the hares but only two dogs, as it is now, would be allowed to course. We could take it in turns, as we do now but without a programme, to do the coursing. The main problem is where does the person with a gun stand to ensure that the hare, and not the dogs, is shot?
If we don't understand it, how can the plods be expected to ? :(

"What exemptions are there?

Dogs can be used as long as there are no more than two of them, and all they do is stalk or flush out quarry above ground, but not from underground, to waiting guns. If quarry is being shot to protect game birds, then dogs can be used below ground."

I saw this in clippings from newspaper reports. Maybe the Telegraph read this when deciding what would be allowed after the ban.

Of course! isn't whippet coursing all walked up? Nothing in the above says that you can't all stand and watch. Just need to get all greyhound coursing walked up too.

Cerito

Id love to go up to watch the Waterloo cup , I have always wanted to go , My first Husband and I regually used to go to the meeting of the Lincs coursing branch , I think the pub was called the Red lion on the Lincoln road .

This hubby cant belive that I could watch `such a thing,` :eek: he thought I was an anilmal lover .many an argument we`ve had Im afraid , So Ive no one to go tto the W C with :( . Id probably have to lie where I was going too :eek: :- "

As Mark rightly says VERY few hares are killed , , But to shoot them after the chase !!! (w00t) barmy

Trouble with the Waterloo Cup is that it is held at what feels like the coldest place on earth!

We hope our bitch runs well this week so that she can get a run in the Waterloo. Last year she ran unsighted! (very fast!) :oops:

Cerito

JAX said:
Id love to go up to watch the Waterloo cup ,  I have always wanted to go , My first Husband and I regually used to go to the meeting of the Lincs coursing branch , I think the pub was called the Red lion on the Lincoln road .
This hubby cant belive that I could watch `such a thing,` :eek:   he thought I was  an anilmal lover  .many an argument we`ve had Im afraid , So Ive no one to go tto the W C with  :(   . Id probably have to lie where I was going too  :eek:   :- "

As Mark rightly says  VERY few hares are killed  , , But to shoot them after the chase !!! (w00t) barmy
You are more than welcome to come with myself and Mark! :huggles:

Hi Jax, yep as Scott says theres always a place for you with us (that goes for all off K9)

Trouble with the Waterloo Cup is that it is held at what feels like the coldest place on earth!
what do you mean feels like! it is the colest place on earth.
Cerito, what dog are you hopeing to run? what dog ran last year? (I normaly do 3 days)

Last edited by a moderator:
JAX said:
Id love to go up to watch the Waterloo cup ,  I have always wanted to go , My first Husband and I regually used to go to the meeting of the Lincs coursing branch , I think the pub was called the Red lion on the Lincoln road .
This hubby cant belive that I could watch `such a thing,` :eek:   he thought I was  an anilmal lover  .many an argument we`ve had Im afraid , So Ive no one to go tto the W C with  :(   . Id probably have to lie where I was going too  :eek:   :- "

As Mark rightly says  VERY few hares are killed  , , But to shoot them after the chase !!! (w00t) barmy
yep the red lion at baumber one of my fav,meets .monday morning 7.30am a pint of murphys in one hand a sausage cob in the other, stood in front of a big log fire could there be a better start to a days coursing ? :cheers:

At last year's Cup I offered to let a friend know how her dog was running. Ended up with frostbite, as the dog was runner up and I had to ring 6 times!

Only memorable thing our dog did was run under the judges horse, which reared and hit the judge in the face! :oops:

Might see you there depending on the dates.

Cerito

Cerito, Thanks for the PM, but now i've read your last post I don't need to check the card as I remember the incident well.

caused a good laugh on the banl :lol:

i to want to go to the waterloo for the first time but dont know anybody whos been so dont know where to go or what time it kicks of .gratefull for any info .

i wont to go aswell and show my support so could do with the info aswell

wendy

However, "private" coursing, in which two greyhounds are run after hares, would be legal, provided that the people doing the coursing shoot the hare afterwards.
There is still hope afterall!

Not realy, if you have to shot a hare afterwards, once shot they are not there to breed and repopulat unlike a coursed hare that escapes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back