The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Weaning a bitch off incurin

ericra

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Our seven-year-old Springer Spaniel bitch (taken from a rescue centre - CAESSR) when she was three years old, has been on incurin to prevent leakage following spaying. We feel that she may be able to cope without the drug, but I wonder if any other people have had experience of weaning a bitch off incurin and may be able to offer advice. Holly (that's her name) is fully dry and I'm not sure if previous issues with incontinence were caused by urinary tract infections. I've also heard some people use incurin as a booster every six months or so and wonder if this might be related to incontinence in spayed dogs when they would previously have been on heat. Any knowledge or insights would be most welcome.

As I understand it, dogs given incurin bladder sphincter starts to rely on the drug to work so even though she is dry on the drug (proves the drug is working) she may not be if you stop it, only thing I would try is cutting down the dose or frequency you give her the incurin and see what happens, but be ready to start it again if she starts leaking again, Good Luck

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back