The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Weeing in crate

Shoskyns

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So, everyone says dogs will do anything not to wee in their crate and bedding. My 4 month old whippet had just woken from a nap with the evening sun warming her, (not in her crate). She had a stretch and a wander around. She then went into her crate and did a massive wee?!?!? She actively chose to go into the crate and wee there. ARRRGGGHHHH! We've had a really good few days with no accidents and her going through from about 10.30pm until 5-6am in her crate. I was just about to take her out for a post-nap wee. She usually tells us she needs a wee. I'm really hoping this is a one off! I suppose there is always one exception to the rule. They keep us guessing, these puppies!

They do keep us guessing!!! It's a shame they cant talk! Can you imagine how much fun that would be! lol!

The only thing I can say is during the day when she doesn't need to go in her crate is to keep the crate door shut. This will stop her from weeing in there and teach her that outside is where the toilet is and no where else.

If she isn't weeing in the morning when she is in her crate then that's a good sign. It is highly doubtful that she will wee in her crate now when she is sleeping in there and as you say maybe just a one off this time!

If she wakes from her nap, then immediately call her outside. Don't give her time to stretch and wander as it will give her a chance to wee elsewhere.

Some puppies take longer than others but the fact she is sleeping through is an excellent sign that you're doing all the right things :) :thumbsup:

Sophie x

You're right, it would be SO much fun if they could talk! I'd love to know what she's thinking and saying. I think it will be a mystery as to why she weed in her crate. She's been doing SO well with the house training it surprised me when she suddenly chose to wee in there. She wasn't so good last night. I think that was because her main thick blanket wasn't in the crate as it was being washed, so maybe the crate wasn't quite as comfy and didn't smell the same, maybe? But she still told me when she wanted a wee and we went straight outside, wee stop and then straight back in the crate - no worries.

Thanks for the reply. Keep your paws crossed for me! ("Woof" from Bonnie!)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back