The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Well Done

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( i aint being funny but lexi never won that bitch final as a new comer to whippet racing i couldnt believe how much winning means to some people i couldnt collect a trophy nowing i hadnt won DESCRACE

I think you will find that the Judges decision is final whatever you or I may think scott, but as a newcomer to the sport i will offer you a days Judging on bank holiday monday with experienced Judges, It may open your eyes somewhat to feel what it is like to have your judgement bemoaned at. I had left the race track by the time of the final you have mentioned, so it would be unfair for me to comment on that race, but i can assure you that the owners of lexi will not bend rules or except any favour to win, they let their dogs do the talking, and niether would those who Judge, they give what they see, rightly or wrongly to what you or I may think.

Unless you are on the line with the judge you really cannot debate what won, other than there being a camera on the line you have to accept that the judges decision is final.

I totally agree with you Vicky. Where exactly were you standing Scott? Were you on the line judging the race? I also reiterate what John m has already stated, Lexi's owners would not accept so called 'favours' to win or bend rules. They win by merit alone and race purely for sport.

scott hands said:
:( i aint being funny but lexi never won that bitch final as a new comer to whippet racing i couldnt believe how much winning means to some people i couldnt collect a trophy nowing i hadnt won     DESCRACE
Scott our next open is at Old hall on the 21st May, be at the weigh in room at 9 - 45 am and you can sit with us and see for yourself how much work is involved.

As soon as you have weighed in you can go get a coffee, those girls were so busy thay didnt have time to fetch a drink and not one member thought to bring any drinks while we were busy.

After booking in , doing the draw, making up the programme for printing, you are lucky if you get chance to dash to the loo (w00t)

Programmes out the same girls stand judging all day. No one who is not standing on the line can give judgment, watching from just a foot off the line you could see a totally different race to the judges.

As for the trophies one of these girls bought three of them from her own pocket so all the winners went home with some thing. I was not on the line so can not pass judgement, but I do know Lexi,s owners who are some of the most honest true racers I have ever known. Evan an owner can not see for sure who has won when thay are standing past the line to pick up there dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i would like to say that i was on the line when the bitch final was ran, and if i was one of the judges then i would have given the same result, cos i watched it, well done to lexis owners sue

Well done LEXI, looking forward 2 seeing Scott judge! :D

Sorry Scott can't see how you could say the descision was wrong.As I remember you were stood near the bank when the dogs went over the line.We were closer and I couldn't tell which dog came over the line first.As far as I know both judges agreed on the winner,and up until that point they had done a great days judging,so I have every confidence in them for there decision on this particular race. :D Karen

scott hands said:
:( i aint being funny but lexi never won that bitch final as a new comer to whippet racing i couldnt believe how much winning means to some people i couldnt collect a trophy nowing i hadnt won    DESCRACE
I have always believed that every person is entitled and has the right to express their own opinion

But the comment “a disgrace” is uncalled for all, when all I did was accept the line judges decision!!

I think the final you were referring to was in fact the 20lb bitch class, where one line judge called red and the other called blue – therefore a dead-heat. The Chairman of the East Mids region made the decision to put both bitches into the overall bitch final, saying whichever 20lb bitch was first, she was the class winner. In any close finish everyone voices an opinion, several people said to me my bitch had won and I am sure other people said exactly the same to Keeley, but the judge’s decision is final.

Good luck to everyone this weekend – I hope you and your dogs return home safe and injury-free

Elaine

scott hands said:
:( i aint being funny but lexi never won that bitch final as a new comer to whippet racing i couldnt believe how much winning means to some people i couldnt collect a trophy nowing i hadnt won    DESCRACE
I have always believed that every person is entitled and has the right to express their own opinion

But the comment “a disgrace” is uncalled for all, when all I did was accept the line judges decision!!

I think the final you were referring to was in fact the 20lb bitch class, where one line judge called red and the other called blue – therefore a dead-heat. The Chairman of the East Mids region made the decision to put both bitches into the overall bitch final, saying whichever 20lb bitch was first, she was the class winner. In any close finish everyone voices an opinion, several people said to me my bitch had won and I am sure other people said exactly the same to Keeley, but the judge’s decision is final.

Good luck to everyone this weekend – I hope you and your dogs return home safe and injury-free

Elaine

maid said:
scott hands said:
:( i aint being funny but lexi never won that bitch final as a new comer to whippet racing i couldnt believe how much winning means to some people i couldnt collect a trophy nowing i hadnt won     DESCRACE

Elaine

SPOT ON :thumbsup:

8) ok everyone i agree discrace was abit uncalled for dindnt mean to upset anyone, i realise what a hard job it is judging but i wasnt the only one saying the other dog won it was a close race i agree, all the other decisions were spot on, on the day. i am an outspoken person and i am entiteled to my opinion i never said anyone bent the rules and wouldnt dream to think anyone does that i just felt sorry for the owners of the other dog and i just got carried away , hope i havnt upset anyone and i hope the judges and officials can forgive me keep up the good work :D

We all have opinions Scott but we have to use tact when we voise them so an apology to Elaine wouldn't go amiss

Yours in Sport

Geoff :thumbsup:

scott hands said:
8) ok everyone i agree discrace was abit uncalled for dindnt mean to upset anyone, i realise what a hard job it is judging but i wasnt the only one saying the other dog won it was a close race i agree, all the other decisions were spot on, on the day. i am an outspoken person  and i am entiteled to my opinion i never said anyone bent the rules and wouldnt dream to think anyone does that i just felt sorry for the owners of the other dog and i just got carried away ,  hope i havnt upset anyone and i hope the judges and officials can forgive me  keep up the good work :D
:thumbsup: Forgotten Scott :) We all get carried away some times

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back