The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Welsh Kennel

mikadene

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All,

I was not able to attend at the weekend due to an accident. I had arranged to travel down with the caravan and my GSD with the whippets as well. As you know last week we had some terrible rain and my kennels got flooded out. I had bathed the Whippets and powdered under their arms to make them smell nice and decided it was time to feed the Shepherds. I only have 2 now and Last week one of them pulled a heater off the wall. It was an electric heater but it was unusual for them to touch it. anyway it was switched off I decided to sort it out the next day. The rains came down and the kennel was under 3" of water with the heater in the water. It turned out to be LIVE. I actualy stood on the heater barefoot when I had got their food. It threw me to the ground. Then Tommy went and stood on it and was screaming so I grabed him and it trew me off again. I tried a second time and managed to pull him off the heater but he was screaming and bit me threw my hand going through one finger, Then Jack came rushing to see what was wrong and stood on the heater. I tried and tried to pull him off. I was thrown off time and time again, and I then rushed to switch the electric off. When I got back he was motionless. I tried to revive him giving mouth to nose and heart massage but to no avail. Because of my bad heart and Angina I was quite ill myself but my poor boy suffered the ultimate sacrifice for his dad. I believe he rushed over because Tommy was biting me and he wanted to protect me. The house is empty right now and I have lost a very special friend. I am lucky the Whippets live in doors so they were safe. Because the ground was hard the water just ran off into my kennels. I just had to explain why I wasn't there because I am still getting hate mail for not showing my Whippets enough. From now on I just don't care.

It will never be the same again. He just recently obtained his stud book number.

I am still suffering the effects. My 2 yrs old Grandson who just idolised him keeps asking where Jack is. What can I say to a little boy that has lost his best friend. I keep breaking down in tears all this week and can't get my head around why this has happened.

Mike

When my son Ben was small we used to have rabbits and birds if one died we told him it ha gone to the stars and when iy went dark we used to go out to look for the first star so we could wave goodbye to it and told Ben although the pet could no longer be with us it was in the stars and was watching for us every night.

This worked very well for Ben although now he is old enough to understandin fact it worked that well we even went to wave to his grandad when he passed away when Ben was 7 years old

R I P JACK RUN FREE

I'm very sorry... poor brave Jack. Please take care of yourself, you've really been through it.

R.I.P Jack

Julie

What a terrible thing to happen :( How dreadful for you, the whole experience must have really put you and your family through the wringer. So sorry about Jack. Hopefully he's over on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge happily showing all the ladies his stud book number :thumbsup:

what a nightmare and how awful for you.my heart goes out to you at this sad time. :( whoever the prats are who are sending you hate mail they ought to be ashamed of themselves :angry: R.I.P. Jack

What an awfull experiance for you and your family

RIP Jack

very sorry to hear what happened,how awful :( :(

poor Jack :( :( RIP

What a dreadful experience for you all. So sorry to hear about it.

:( :(

RIP Jack

And I just can't understand what it is to do with anyone else, how often you show your dogs :angry: Surely that is down to you alone.

Dear Group,

In all my years of showing and breeding dogs 37 ish, I have never been in this situation or felt like I do right now. I am ashamed of myself for not repairing that heater and preventing this tragedy. Jack paid the Ultimate price for his Dad. I want to thank all those that have sent me their kindest wishes. It has not just upset me but many GSD folks at Wales were very upset. It has been so consolling to have received all your letters. I want to thank those kind folks from the bottom of my heart. Thanks it really means allot to me. I will remeber all those that sent me letters forever.

Regards

Mike

We are all dog lovers on here and I cant think of anyone in their right mind who would not sympathise with you right now , It must have been a most distressing time for you and your family . to lose any animal dog like that would be horrendous .

My thoughts are with you

R I P JACK

I didnt even realise you had entered ;) People should have much better things to do with their time IMO

So sorry for your loss :( Mike don't punish yourself with the ''what if's'' sometimes things are just fated, it's pointless looking back like this, take heart in the happy times you shared together.

As for being bullied and harrassed by certain individuals, I can convey nothing but disgust for such behaviour.

RIP JACK

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back