The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Westhoughton Greyhound Stadium

kipper fluke

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had another visit to Westhoughton last night-excellent value for money-good atmosphere-quite getting into watching dogs race in the dark! well almost dark-there were lights- and refreshments too!

Great for trials/solo's-also-Coral opted for one of these rather than run with the big dogs :wacko:

The only draw back-scary bit is bumping into Bruce midweek! :blink:

Nevertheless- we will VENTURE there next week too.

Karen Boyd

I would like to take this opportunity to say a very big THANKYOU to Karen and Steve Boyd,who very kindly donated no less than five trophies for the heat winners and a cup for the handicap winner. They then having won a heat and the final with there good"little'un" Waterford immediatly gave the trophys back into the club for next week. What can I say. Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote, What can I say. Mick Quote

Well how about the truth Mick, they must have been Nicked knowing Boydie :b

Only a joke Steve, Its nice to see that people are willing to go out on a limb for this sport and even to the point of making you blush Steve, you are never found wanting. Steve and his family put as much back into this sport as they take out.

I am glad that this new bend club has taken off and although bend racing is not for me, i wish you and the club all the success that you deserve mick, well done.

Well done to Mick and everyone else who attended last night - unfortunately, we couldn't make it this week. Great pity the NWRF Championships are not being held there, personally, I think it is a better track than Highgate. :oops:

Yes tha track is in very good nick and a credit to the new management team who i understand are doing everything possible to promote whippet racing at this track,

It used to be a very popular venue in the past and with the right aproach will be again. I am sure Mick is trying his best for the whippet racers Non -Ped and Ped alike well done Mick that i am sure is from us all .wish you lots of luck!

Steve Karen and Harry

kipper fluke said:
Had another visit to Westhoughton last night-excellent value for money-good atmosphere-quite getting into watching dogs race in the dark! well almost dark-there were lights- and refreshments too!Great for trials/solo's-also-Coral opted for one of these rather than run with the big dogs :wacko:

Karen Boyd

Could you tell me when the track is open please. I don't know where to look for the info.

Lynda :unsure:

I am sure that as soon as racing nights commence once more it will be on this site as always in the past years --- keep looking usually sept

steve

lyndajw said:
kipper fluke said:
Had another visit to Westhoughton last night-excellent value for money-good atmosphere-quite getting into watching dogs race in the dark! well almost dark-there were lights- and refreshments too!Great for trials/solo's-also-Coral opted for one of these rather than run with the big dogs :wacko:

Karen Boyd

Could you tell me when the track is open please. I don't know where to look for the info.

Lynda :unsure:

We stop racing at Westhoughton through the summer (that's a laugh!) months.

Next nearest whippet track to you is A & T Miners, Gin Pit Village, Astley - give me a ring if you want any info 07879 495444 :thumbsup:

(w00t) your sharp out of the blocks, bending already :luck: :thumbsup:

where have you being hiding morris, never seen you about????

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back