The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What’s gone wrong?

Wooliewoo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So we’ve had our fur baby 1 week today! Yay! He’s been super good with his house training with only the odd accident each day, usually near the door and usually when I haven’t reacted quickly enough when seeing the signs.....

But yesterday and even more so today, there appears to be less signs and today he’s just weed wherever he likes! Not even made an attempt to get to the door or let me know! Not every time, but lots!

I take him out about every 20-30 mins, especially after playing, eating and immediately after sleeping. He goes out on his lead, no play until after he’s done his business. He is a double sometimes a triple wee’er, wonders and sniffs for a while before having a poo. He gets a treat and a fuss after each event. Once finished it’s back inside for fun time!

When he has an inside accident, I simply lift him up with no fuss and take him outside where he usually finishes or has another.

What’s happened? Or was it all too good to begin with?

....... I’m tired :(

It's just a normal part of toilet training I'm afraid. Just keep on with the regular trips outside, raining postive rewards when he gets it right, ignoring the accidents etc etc and you'll get there. My puppy is 8 months old now, but took a while to house train. I think he was about 4 months before he 'got it.' I think they are all just different. Have you got a safe place (crate/playpen) where you can put him when you need a break so you're not constantly on edge watching him?

It's just a normal part of toilet training I'm afraid. Just keep on with the regular trips outside, raining postive rewards when he gets it right, ignoring the accidents etc etc and you'll get there. My puppy is 8 months old now, but took a while to house train. I think he was about 4 months before he 'got it.' I think they are all just different. Have you got a safe place (crate/playpen) where you can put him when you need a break so you're not constantly on edge watching him?

Thank you, god this is so hard.... not the training, just the ‘have I done something wrong? Is he ok? etc.. if you know what I mean? Seriously, I keep saying this but it’s way harder than babies!

Yes he has a crate, which when he’s sleepy he goes into or I pop him in and close the door to give me a little break! It’s a god send! And to think I was actually totally against them before we got it!

Its perfectly normal, they all get there in the end. Rolo will be 6mth next week and he became house trained a month ago. He went through a faze off im just going to wee here and here lol no signs nothing, i just kept taking him out a lot so he knew this is where i wee! It does tire you out but they all learn and your doing everything right :)

Mine didn't let me know that she wanted to go out until much later than 9 weeks, don't worry. Can you confine him to the room where the door is, so it's always in sight for him? That's what I did to begin with. Obviously you'd have to walk in and out of the room yourself (in order to get on with your life!) but this has an added benefit that it gets him used to you leaving for short moments and coming back.

Mine didn't let me know that she wanted to go out until much later than 9 weeks, don't worry. Can you confine him to the room where the door is, so it's always in sight for him? That's what I did to begin with. Obviously you'd have to walk in and out of the room yourself (in order to get on with your life!) but this has an added benefit that it gets him used to you leaving for short moments and coming back.
Rosie is 16wks old had her for 8wks now and on odd occasions doesnt give me a clue when she needs a wee but then another time crys to let me know she wants out. Yes you have to have eyes in back of head lol today she took herself of into crate and slept 15mins in there. Breakthrough on the crate training as i see it. Everyday theres something new shes learning so a thumbs up to these little things

I've had puppies that trained themselves in a fortnight and my current boy that took 9 months to get it completely! I think he was a special needs puppy...:confused:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back