The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What breed is she?

Discussion in 'Dog Pictures and Videos' started by Jodie Rangers, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jodie Rangers

Jodie Rangers Member Registered

I'm not wrong.

Did you even read the information on the website you linked?

Quote specifically where it says you can get Kennel Club (KC) papers for a dog that is a colour that is not a part of the standard breed.

That information actually addresses the points I've been making throughout this thread! The KC has changed its database not to allow different colours to be considered a part of a standard breed but to stop potential puppy buyers from being duped by cunning sellers who don't care about anything apart from money.

The KC have allowed breeders to mention non-standard colours because of serious concerns from breeders, not because they are now recognising any colour to be a standard colour for any breed.

The puppies will be labelled as "colour not recognised".

2. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

From the Kennel Club website, specifically on the page for Malinois:

Note: some dogs within the breed may be this colour And as already said, the KC make clear that dogs in non-standard colours can still be registered.

JoanneF likes this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Yes I did. It says the dogs can be registered with CNR - colour not recognised. Then the breeder has to manually enter the colour.

But I'm out now.

RGC, Suzette and Tinytom like this.
  4. Rinkydinkydo

Rinkydinkydo Well-Known Member Registered

I will stick with my earlier comment about breed standards and that they have wrecked dogs in the past and still today.
    When a dog is struggling to do a basic thing like breathing because of breed standards. Or dogs end up crippled because breed standards say they should have a squat backend with a slopping back. Then all I have to say about breed standards is.. to hell with them. I don't care if a dog is the wrong colour or if its 1 inch too small. Does it really matter or is it detrimental to a dog if its got a white spot in the wrong place. Its still the same dog as one thats got the spot in the right place. All that matters to me is that the dogs are healthy and happy.

RGC and melb100 like this.
  5. Jodie Rangers

Can you give me examples of what breeds have been wrecked by their standards?

The whole point in a breed standard is to give descriptions of the characteristics of a breed, what is wrong with that? A breed standard helps breeders to improve the breed.

Are you arguing that there shouldn't be pedigree dogs or something?

6. Jodie Rangers

So people sell them as Malinoises but they aren't really.

Can you get a brindle Labrador? :D

7. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

I'm beginning to suspect this is a wind-up. There's enough info in this thread for people to form their own conclusions and iIf we carry on, we'll just be flogging a dead horse so I'm locking this thread.

RGC and JoanneF like this.