The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What do you feed your puppy?

smoothflint

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello I have a 12 week old Doberman/weimaraner cross, we are just figuring out what would be best in terms of feeding and just wanted to know what other Doberman/weimaraner/big boy owners fed/are feeding their pups?!
We are currently using naturediet wet food and adding in some puppy canagan kibble but thought about changing to acana - or making our own?!
Thanks!

We rear all puppies from introduction at 2 to 3 weeks on a raw diet and continue to old age.

Making your own needs lots of research, especially in the puppy growth period when the calcium to phosphorus ratio is important. Raw is great if it suits you, otherwise have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk. It's an independent site that assesses dog foods and may be helpful.

I did the same as excuseme, but if you are not confident with this, then it's a good idea anyway to check out the allaboutdogfood site. There are several ready-prepared raw food mixes available commercially so you don't have the faff of working things out yourself. Don't add mineral supplements though because it's all too easy to overdo it. Pups that are going to be big dogs one day (mine were) also benefit from suitable bones and large raw vegetables to chew or else safe chew toys. What did your dog's breeder feed?

I use natures menu free flow mince for my deerhound boys and they have thrived ...you can get all in one mince blocks too ...mine had ewes replacement powdered milk too for their bones ...pics please of your pup

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back