The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you look for in holiday cottage

Discussion in 'General Dog Forum' started by Kara 1, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Well-Known Member Registered

That’s very true Kara, kids probably make more mess than dogs :D:D the cottage we go to in Norfolk doesn’t charge for dogs , another gorgeous one to recommend ( Wayside. Walsingham) think you'd do really well renting out your house :)

2. Nanny71

Nanny71 Well-Known Member Registered

Absolutely love the bathroom

3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

It's probably more expensive than we would want to pay, but then it should be really as there would only be two of us plus J. But I would never say never - if I could pinpoint it exactly on Google Maps and confirm that it offered everything we could possibly want, I might still persuade OH. Particularly as it's not too far away from us.

Mayblossom likes this.
  4. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Well-Known Member Registered

Be good to know the area to see if has lots of places to visit that’s dog friendly, we don’t do pubs or restaurants ( even dog friendly ones) as Molly Springer would upset everyone with her barking if another dog was close by , far too embarrassing :D

5. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Last year we were charged the same for Murphy and for Basil the parrot... As if the bird was going to jump on the beds or dig holes in the garden.

Mayblossom likes this.
  6. Ari_RR

Ari_RR Active Member Registered

We have gone up North (we are in US) for a week or so during the summer with Ari to a rented place. Knowing in advance the exact location was necessary for us to pick the one to rent.
    It’s standard here. When browsing through available houses, I see the addresses, so I can check google maps for what’s around, and even satellite view or street view to check the property itself.

Mayblossom and Mad Murphy like this.
  7. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Snap! we do that to check how close the neighbours are, how near the roads are, how far to the best walk etc..I love google maps!

Mayblossom likes this.