The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What do you think this is?

Snotty kitten

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My neighbour has a French bulldog, it’s had this growth for 2 years at least, I managed to take a picture the other day, what do you think it is? I have concerns for the dog as the owner doesn’t walk it, and I’ve overheard it being hit. I have reported it to the RSPCA

Attachments

• IMG_1334.jpeg
    IMG_1334.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 65
I've no idea what it is, but it doesn't look nice:( Are you on talking terms with the neighbour - could you ask about the dog? Well done on reporting this to the RSPCA - I hope they take action.

I've no idea what it is, but it doesn't look nice:( Are you on talking terms with the neighbour - could you ask about the dog? Well done on reporting this to the RSPCA - I hope they take action.

yes and no, the neighbour is can become very volatile and aggressive towards women so I’m wary of him. As they don’t walk the dog it’s hard for me to ‘just’ bring it up in conversation. Only reason I originally saw it is because I wanted the dog to meet by then puppy. At the time I mentioned it and he said that he will take him to vets but they need money from the rspca, something I know they wouldn’t qualify for as both him and mother work full time, and not even sure rspca even subsidies vet costs anymore. Pdsa as well they wouldn’t qualify for as not in receipt of benefits.

If that animal’s suffering the owner could be liable for a heavy financial penalty. Neither ignorance nor self-perceived lack of funds would be taken as mitigation. I appreciate that you need to be careful. Please keep the forum in the picture. I appreciate that the RSPCA may take their time but you’ll need to keep on to them.

In my opinion, and only from what's posted here, this dog is in immediate danger. Please advise the RSPCA of this, it may hasten their visit. That growth looks awful, it needs attention by a qualified vet.

I will keep on to the rspca, I notified them of everything I could with regards the dog and not to send a lone female to the property. I will certainly update the thread with any new information that comes to light. I hope they come soon but it also fills me with so much anxiety that the owner finds out it was me, as he will certainly not question attacking me or my property. I know it’s impossible he will find out but the wonders of ptsd and anxiety keep me thinking that

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back