The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What Does This Mean

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Mini Me said:
Sorry, but you have us, as humans, all wrong. You are assuming that we are special because we love
Actually, i'm assuming the opposite - that love isn't all that special....some have said its a temporary insanity caused by chemical imbalances in the brain - lthough i'm not quite that cynical

There are different school's of animal behaviorism - some take the line you're taking - others see things differently :thumbsup:

However, like you i have no need for everyone to see things my way - am more than happy for others to see things differently :cheers:

Well whatever the reason our Meg greets us with a toy in her mouth and frantically wagging tale - it doesnt matter to me its quite simply a joy (w00t) :huggles: at the end of a hard day!!! So There !! :cheers: Kath :)

urchin said:
Mini Me said:
Sorry, but you have us, as humans, all wrong. You are assuming that we are special because we love
Actually, i'm assuming the opposite - that love isn't all that special....some have said its a temporary insanity caused by chemical imbalances in the brain - lthough i'm not quite that cynical

There are different school's of animal behaviorism - some take the line you're taking - others see things differently :thumbsup:

However, like you i have no need for everyone to see things my way - am more than happy for others to see things differently :cheers:

MICK DUDEK said:
ONE OF OUR DOGS ALLWAYS GREETS YOU WITH A TOY IN HER MOUTH AND TAIL WAGGING EVERY TIME YOU COME INTO THE HOUSE FROM WORK, FUNNY THING IS SHE IS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF 6 WHIPPETTS TO GREET YOU THIS WAY

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MAY MEAN

we have a bitch that mouths you when you walk in if you tell her off she picks somthing up usually a shoe or whatever. when we took her to france with us earyer this year after the vet gave her an injection of a wormer she had a reaction and found it very painfull in the end i gave her my bag handle and she choowed through it 10 times i am not kiding so i think its a form of distraction maybe a way of controling grate excitment or pain so sounds like she is excersising her self conntrol (god you must be gorgeous)

One of mine welcomes me with a toy and some very loud

growling, the other one jumps up and down like a lunatic.

Both their faces light up when they see me and in a room

full of people they would barge through any of them to get

to me and i love them for it :*

Keith as for your ''i will plat cacky'' it has so much more

feeling than ''i will eat my hat'' :lol:

Mini Me said:
Sadly for us all, it is without doubt, definately nothing to do with love! Your dogs (and mine) do not love you! That is an entirely human emotion we seem to think our dogs give us back. I am afraid that is nothing like true. Your bitch is simply welcoming you back to the pack. Thats it. Simple. Sad I know, but true.
in part i think you are right but by bringing you a gift shows it thinks youre head of youre pack but whos to say thats not a real love to not only to see you as its family but also the head of it .so whos saying that dont envolve love :thumbsup:

Mini Me said:
Sadly for us all, it is without doubt, definately nothing to do with love! Your dogs (and mine) do not love you! That is an entirely human emotion we seem to think our dogs give us back. I am afraid that is nothing like true. Your bitch is simply welcoming you back to the pack. Thats it. Simple. Sad I know, but true.
Spoil sport :(

milly said:
Mini Me said:

to right, ive not slept a wink sin that post, i feel unloved :lol:

midlanderkeith said:
milly said:
Mini Me said:

anyway, she humps my leg, that'l do fer me :lol:

midlanderkeith said:
midlanderkeith said:
milly said:
Mini Me said:

anyway, she humps my leg, that'l do fer me :lol:

I have the same probs with our Cybil Keith............ get down Shep, get down. :lol:

midlanderkeith said:
Mini Me said:
i disagree, theres many variations of love both in the human form and indeed animal, if my dog doesnt love me in her own animal way, then i will plat cacky

WHAT'S 'LOVE' ANYWAY?..... :clown: :wub:

OVER RATED.....MAKES YOU VULNERABLE-LOL

GET PLAITING.....

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
if dog have no emotions then why is thought that when they wag their tails it means they r happy? happiness is an emotion isn it? :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back