The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is your trick to clip nails of your dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by jeandecker76, Sep 11, 2020.

1. jeandecker76

jeandecker76 New Member Registered

Hello everyone!!

Are there any dog owners here that can give me suggestions and tricks on how I can clip my dogs' nails? She totally hates it and escapes from my sight whenever I try to cut her nails. :(

2. Store
  3. JudyN

JudyN Moderator Moderator Registered

The best resource I know for nail clipping is the FaceBook group Nail Maintenance for Dogs. If you don't do FB, it would be worth joining up just for this.

jeandecker76 likes this.
  4. lurcherman

lurcherman Well-Known Member Registered

No dog once the first clip sound happens really likes it but it helps to have a steady dog, never had a problem but I did get on with the job, right tools, a torch and just get on with it, make sure you’ve inspected the job in hand and where your first cut will be, I do understand some people’s dogs will be totally different to my last 4 dogs.

jeandecker76 likes this.
  5. Rinkydinkydo

Rinkydinkydo Active Member Registered

I'm very simular to @lurcherman I just get on with it. I don't make a fuss and make a big deal about it as if it's something out of the ordinary. It does help that my dogs were used to having theirs legs,toes,back, teeth checked over regular through out their lives. Above all else though my dogs trusted me.

lurcherman likes this.