The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What to feed whippet pup

dye29

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all ive just got my whippet pup 8 weeks old and im feeding her eukanuba with water as the previous owner had her on im just introducing same but dry is there anything else they can eat for a change

Have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk. It is an independent dog food comparison website which scores foods on a scale of 0 to 5. You can set filters for your dog's weight, age etc and choose to view only the foods scoring, say, 4 and above. Then you can show them listed according to daily feeding cost so you can see what gives you best value for money.

You can add a little wet food to make dry more palatable, or even wet it.

Have you considered raw?

I would not change the diet of a new pup for quite a few weeks. It is very easy to upset their tummies while they are still settling in to their new homes. Use the time to do your research on the site suggested above.

Dogs do not need "variety" in their diet. It is us humans that think they do! Once you settle on a good quality diet it is fine to feed it all the time. Do not worry if the puppy has days of not wanting to eat much, just pick up the food and wait until the next meal time before putting any food down again.

Absolutely what Gypsysmum said - if you do feel the need to change, I had meant to say in my reply, you need to do it gradually.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back