The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whats The Best Food

taughblane

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can any of you whippy lovers tell me whats the best food to feed my whippies. I have 2 whippets-A dog (Whippy) who is 3yrs old and a bitch(Lily) who is 9months old. Presently we feed them raw mince meat with tripe. We had been feeding them raw chicken wings but my vet was worried about bones etc. Then a while ago we'd been feeding them cooked mince with pasta-an idea we'd got from someone in USA. So being new to this brilliant site I'm hoping to get some really good ideas for giving my dogs the best and healthiest food for optimum physical and psychological well being. Cheers Johnathan

I feed a good quality complete food , James Wellbeloved . There are also other good quality complete foods . :thumbsup:

Stick with raw,it's the best you can feed,& ignore your stupid vets comments about chicken wings!!!

Supplement with a good quality seaweed powder & wheatgerm oil & don't forget the veggies :thumbsup:

Hiya

I have at the moment no whippets, but 2 greyhounds and cook for them as have done for my whippies. Base food is good quality kibble, on top they get cooked mix + frozen chicken wings (never had any problems with wings when frozen, wouldn't feed them raw, too worried about the bones), occasionally raw egg and/or cheese, raw tripe weekly and if they are in need of special treat they get cucumber.. have no idea why they like it, but they love it :teehee:

Mix instructions: (this is the only thing I can cook properly - totally useless in kitchen otherwise :unsure: )

take a big pot ( I use 10l), in the pot goes minced beef 900 g, minced lamb 900 g, fish 750 g , brown rice 4 dl, carrot/swede cubes 400 g, sunflower oil generous splash and and if I remember few garlic claws. mix all well, cover with water and let simmer for 2 hours.

I keep the pot in fridge, mine lasts usually 3 days and pooches love it. (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back