The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What's The Strangest Place

andrea31

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was just wondering how weird a taste Whippets have for strange things. I just had to ask this question, cos last night, when I was snuggled up in bed with Tascha and Mysti, I got the shock of my life when Tascha shoved her tongue up my nose :x , it wasn't sore, but sure woke me up very quick. I was just hoping she hadn't been licking her backside before she decided to suck out my bogies :x

What's the strangest place your whippets tongue has been, I would really love to know :lol:

Oh my..who's going to be brave enought to reply to this one first on a public forum (w00t)

Actually, Fred always tries to lick my face first thing in the morning, and the first place he aims for is my nostril too. Good job I'm quicker than him most mornings, although some mornings I'm a bit groggy, and I get a rather brief, unsolicited nasal irrigation before I wake up properly.

Aren't they wonderful? :b

Ben (not quite a whippet) goes for the nose alot too. I also learned very quickly not to stick my tongue out when he's anywhere near my face :x

He also licks the mouthpiece of my trumpet, which I also do before I play it (known as a wet setup). Maybe he's just trying to help. I remember he does it most of the time. Occasionally it's not until I realise my trumpet tastes funny :x :x :x

Dave.

I too have the tongue in nose experience regularly with both my two, but the worst one has been when Ive been talking to Toby very close up in a coochy coo style manner and he's been so excited about the tone of my voice that, with lightening speed he has managed to get his tongue right inside my mouth !!!!! :x

I've been woken up at 3.00am with a cold wet nose on my nose, and opened my eyes to see a whippet blinking at me :blink: Very, very unnerving!

Yep, Tesa use to do the nose dive thing as well (w00t)

Whizz loves to stick his tongue in our ears, but feet are his favourite.

I'll always remember our dog's first encounter with a friend who came to stay after being up all night at her college gaudy, and spent the whole day asleep in a deckchair with her mouth blissfully open; at least until someone jumped up and gave the inside of her mouth a good licking :x The resulting scream doesn't seemed to have deterred him from doing this to strangers, although he's finally sussed that we don't really like it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ete HAS to lick right between my toes every morning. It sure wakes me up somewhat rapidly!

Debbie

Murph loves to get his tongue as far down anyone's ears as he can,(not mine,thats for sure :x ),while Izzy will lovingly lick feet,which i must admit,i quite like :b

:x :wacko: :wacko: It's been hot today, went for a walk in trainers, no socks, my feet are minging!!!!!!!Whippet 1 is having an ecstatic licking sessions as I type :x (I will shower before bed)

Today, whippet 2 fell asleep with his tongue down the centre of a large bovine bone, approx 8 weeks old :x

Debbie Reed said:
Ete HAS to lick right between my toes every morning. It sure wakes me up somewhat rapidly!Debbie

:thumbsup: :wub: ooooooo that is so soothing after a hard day at work.................better than sex!

I've been trying to forget this but at one of our very eventful visits to ringcraft Mrs Pretend Judge was attempting to 'go over' Sparky on the table and he put his head down her T-Shirt. I think he kept his mouth shut because she didn't say anything except 'oh isn't he a friendly chap'. It was hot, and he is a clown and it was a baggy T-shirt, but ................OMG it will soon be Wednesday again.!!!!!!

Well I once knew a dog who'd had his tongue up a 'celebrities' bum!!!! I'd better explain. A friend of mine used to be married to an actor so she new lots of that kind of people. She had a girlfriend actress staying at her house for a while, I dont know if I should say who but the actresses hubby (also an Aussie) is a regular on a US crime series show now, he's struck it big time. anyway the actress friend had just gotten out of the shower & only had a towel on & dear old Luka the german shepherd gave her a loving lick on the bum. I'm told she got quite a fright. Good ol Luka. He's got some stories to brag about.

Linda

Oooo, we could start another thread..... Most famous person my dog has licked :lol:

Sadly, I don't think ours have ever had an encounter with anyone famous so I can't start it.

Last edited by a moderator:
kirislin said:
Well I once knew a dog who'd had his tongue up a 'celebrities' bum!!!!  I'd better explain.  A friend of mine used to be married to an actor so she new lots of that kind of people.  She had a girlfriend actress staying at her house for a while,  I dont know if I should say who but the actresses hubby (also an Aussie) is a regular on a US crime series show now, he's struck it big time.  anyway the actress friend had just gotten out of the shower & only had a towel on & dear old Luka the german shepherd gave her a loving lick on the bum.  I'm told she got quite a fright.  Good ol Luka.  He's got some stories to brag about.
Linda

Did you see them on Denton last night Linda. She's lovely.

:p Milly-lab can't keep her tongue IN it's so long - if she shoved THAT up my nostril I'd be scared :blink: :teehee: (w00t) millya.jpg

dawn said:
Debbie Reed said:
Ete HAS to lick right between my toes every morning. It sure wakes me up somewhat rapidly!Debbie

:thumbsup: :wub: ooooooo that is so soothing after a hard day at work.................better than sex!

My white whippet Jasper loves nothing better than for my husband to take his socks and shoes of after a long day at work and then he licks between every toe as hard as he can His( my husband that is )feet stink when he gets in from work

Annie my whippet is very licky whippet, she loves licking ears, and feet.

Don't know if all whippets have a funny lazy tongue like hers, she'll lick your hand for instance and her tongue will kind of get stuck mid lick, like its gone all weak and hasn't the strength to finish the lick. :wacko: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back