The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whats wrong with asfordby track?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
its a lot further for people from portsmouth and devon than it is from scotland??

Some posts from this trhread were moved to the Chit Chat Zone - they were off topic.

Please try to keep to the posting rules.

Thanks

I have done a mileage chart below. It is based on the maxamum speed limits of a car and therefore does not take into account towing a caravan or personal pfeferences only the quickest route at the maxamun speed limits. I have used Kirkcaldy and Arbroath from Scotland and Portsmouth and Cullomptom from the south of England.

Kirkcaldy To Asfordby 316.2 miles.

Kirkcaldy To Newton Aycliffe 168.3 miles.

Arbroath To Asfordby 349.0 miles.

Arbroath To Newton Aycliffe 211.9 miles.

Portsmouth To Newton Aycliffe 319.3 miles.

Portsmouth To Asfordby 187.4 miles.

Cullompton To Newton Aycliffe 325.0 miles.

Cullompton To Asfordby 207.6 miles.

This is not intended to critasise anybody that runs whippet racing as their job is hard enough but only to point out that whippet racing is national and in my opinion should take all its members into account. So to be fair to both those in the south and in the North maybe one championship at Newton Aycliffe and one at Asfordby rotating anually its worth thinking about.

people keep going an about aycliffe ,alan courtney head of sports is a good Friend of mine. he told me when fed asked about champs last year that they couldn't allow any other weekend events, they would love to but they have such a busy sports programme throughout the year, it would not be possible but one day events will be welcome but the champs is out sorry ,WHATS WRONG WITH WERE THEY AT. ??? lets show a bit more gratitude to wards a very helpfull club like a lott i myself included say, the track is not great but should get better over a period of time its a lott better than some .especially seaham last year ......the derby is on again next year at aycliffe i am pleased to say, its allways a great event wherever its at.

:D THANKS FOR INFO GARY, WE DIDNT KNOW THIS I WILL STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT NOW :D ;) WE HAVE ONLY ATTENDED DERBY AT AYCLIFF SO WE COULDNT COMPARE IT TO ANY WHERE ELSE :b ;) SEE YOU SOON

good thing that its back at aycliffe again!! :D

means we can all come back to ures gaz and crash there...im sure u woulden't mind :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back