The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

When Do Bitches Start To Show

poppyandava

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all back again this time trying to get some positive feed back has anyone out there seen this before (waist going 2 weeks after mateing) we keep taking photos of her to compair and there is a definate differance in size i am thinking ow my does this mean she is going to have loads of pups or do dogs like us put on a bit anyway. she is eating more but i have never seen her so fat. it very funny we tryed to mate her last season no joy though. and i was preg myself but lost it and now if she is pregnant and i think she is (i am to )which is lovery cus we can both go through it together we are both looking a bit fatter :cheers:

So whose going to produce first, you or the dog :D

OW THE DOG. I DONT HAVE MUCH LUCK ITS STILL EARLY FOR ME I HAVE A SCAN THE DAY AFTER BOXING DAY AND THE DOG HAS HERS 2ND JAN I AM NORMALY BLEEDING BY NOW SO THIS TIME I AM HOPEFULL STILL MORE EXCITED ABOUT AVAS PUPS

AVA IS ONLY 2 AND A HALF WEEKS AFTER MATE

My girls usually do not start showing until about the 5-6 week mark. Do not let her get too fat, that is not good for her. Keep her fit, if she is getting fat you are feeding her too much. :) :luck: :luck: :luck:

We are talking about Whippet, aren't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. she has gone thin again since i started this post the other half is worryed but i am not. she is so tired proper proper tired and realy hungry i was over feeding her i think but not now she has had morning sickness to and when i tell my frend (a vet) this he thinks i am mad and says dogs dont get morning sickness but i feel sure they do.

i feed her puppy food good stuff and cheep ham and chicken they have left overs of good meat veg and that kind of stuff the vet frend also tells me off for this as do my nurse frends who would see me feed her a dry complete diet i just cant get my head around the dry complete diet though i no loads of people that feed it to there dogs but i just think it must get so boring for the dog i also no a breeded who has bred dogs for 30 years she used to feed her dogs on raw meat left overs from dinner cheep dog meat let them have bones off the butcher and they lived for a lot longer that they do now she feeds them on dry complete good quality stuff the vets have advised so i base my feeding on that .

cheers ha santas nearly hear

Whippets certainly do get a morning sickness. Although it seem to be more like all day sickness during the first 3 weeks of pregnancy. I have one in this moment and she is not even pregnant :D , but finished her season few weeks ago. She has always been ravenous eater and now just nibbles.

My first Whippet also had a period pains - try to tell that yo a vet!

Sounds like your girl is progressing just fine. :)

I also do not believe in the "complete diet", considering that the vets make money them pushing it on people there is a huge conflict of interest. To feed dog only kibble is like to feed your children exclusively at McDonald's. But you have to forgive the young vets, that is what they are taught at vet school.

I try to give as much as possible of unprocessed food, like raw meat from butcher, raw chicken necks and frames. In winter i cook tripe, hearts, tongues, with bit of kidneys and liver, and veggies rice or pasta casserole. I do give little bit of kibble as a snack, or if for some reason I did not get to buy their fresh meat.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back