The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

When Your Best Friend Dies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So sorry to hear of your loss. I don't think it's wrong to want another - it just goes to show how much love your little one gave you, that you want something to fill the void. :luck:

moriarte said:
Sorry to hear of your loss. I don't think you can EVER replace a dog in that sense. But eventually you will find another that manages to occupy a large, but slightly different bit of your heart :(

so sorry to hear of your loss :( rip little one

that is really well put moriarte, i had my best friend pts two years ago and i still cry for her now, she was 12 and i had had her since i was 19. i have 6 dogs now but had never thought about it as in a different bit of your heart, thats really nice :)

sorry Jacks to hear of your sad loss, she was so young, nothing will ever replace her and you'll always be expecting to see her in her favourite spot, try to think of all the lovely memories and how lucky you've been to have had her in your life.

You'll know when the time is right to allow another different friend in :huggles:

Hi Jacks.

:( Sorry to hear about your loss.

This is always going to be a hard time.

You have lost a very close friend,

you must now greive for her,

you will never be able to nor want to REPLACE her,

But as was said earlier you can fill the empty space in your life and sofa with another dear friend.

In time the pain will ease, and all the good memories will come back, then you will know when the time is right to fill the space on the sofa.

Take care

My thoughts are with you

Gavin

jacks said:
My dearest friend of 5.5 years was put to sleep after a major investigative operation about 10 days ago after almost 3 weeks of vets not being able to say what was wrong with her. Although we have other dogs nothing can fill the loss of her warm body on the sofa or her intelligent eyes letting me know what she wanted. I am still waiting for the pathology report to come back from her liver biopsy - is it wrong/impossible to think of replacing her?

RUN FREE AT RAINBOW BRIDGE LITTLE ONE :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back