The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Where Can I Learn Lamping?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Nubian

There are some good lads on this site who genuinly get out and work their dogs.

obviously you need a lamp you can buy a ready made lamp for the job (from a good gun shop or off the net) or before you start laying £100+ out get hold of 1 of those 1 million candlepower rechargable torches they sell you'll only get about 1/2 an hour but you'll get a chance to see if lampings for you, when you go out start at the side of the fields so the wind is blowing into your face (the windyer the night the better) you also need to look at the cloths you wear (no not looking good) cloths that you think dont rustle when your in the house with the TV on each make hell of a rustling noise when your in a deadly quiet field at 2am.

but the art of traing a dog for lamping is get them out as often as possible as the more they do the better they get.

if you state the rough area your in maybe 1 of the lads on here might be able to arrange a night out for you (not clubbing LOL)

Mark Roberts said:
Hi Nubian
There are some good lads on this site who genuinly get out and work their dogs.

obviously you need a lamp you can buy a ready made lamp for the job (from a good gun shop or off the net) or before you start laying £100+ out get hold of 1 of those 1 million candlepower rechargable torches they sell you'll only get about 1/2 an hour but you'll get a chance to see if lampings for you, when you go out start at the side of the fields so the wind is blowing into your face (the windyer the night the better) you also need to look at the cloths you wear (no not looking good) cloths that you think dont rustle when your in the house with the TV on each make hell of a rustling noise when your in a deadly quiet field at 2am.

but the art of traing a dog for lamping is get them out as often as possible as the more they do the better they get.

if you state the rough area your in maybe 1 of the lads on here might be able to arrange a night out for you (not clubbing LOL)

Thanks for this Mark!
I live in Enfield in Middlesex, not far from junction 24 on the M25 but as I said I am prepared to travel almost anywhere for a good night out (lamping that is!).

I used to travel up and down the country to watch the big hare coursing stakes before it was banned so its no bother if there is no action on my doorstep!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
enjoying reading this thread as want to learn lamping but havent a clue :unsure:

we live in the north west not far from manchester .good :luck: Nubian

I live in Enfield in Middlesex, not far from junction 24 on the M25 but as I said I am prepared to travel almost anywhere for a good night out

theres plenty of land around your way within a short drive, make yourself busy and knock on some doors you'll be suprised how many farmers will let you have a go.

hope somoe who reads K9 is down your way and can sort you out with a night or 2.

trac said:
enjoying reading this thread as want to learn lamping but havent a clue :unsure: we live in the north west not far from manchester .good  :luck: Nubian

Is it me thats just an ossity or what, but the very idea of lamping with a woman, staps my very vitals

midlanderkeith said:
trac said:
enjoying reading this thread as want to learn lamping but havent a clue :unsure: we live in the north west not far from manchester .good  :luck: Nubian

Is it me thats just an ossity or what, but the very idea of lamping with a woman, staps my very vitals

:lol: cheeky keith

midlanderkeith said:
Is it me thats just an ossity or what, but the very idea of  lamping with a woman, staps my very vitals
Sounds like you'd enjoy it then Keith :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Roberts said:
I live in Enfield in Middlesex, not far from junction 24 on the M25 but as I said I am prepared to travel almost anywhere for a good night out

theres plenty of land around your way within a short drive, make yourself busy and knock on some doors you'll be suprised how many farmers will let you have a go.

hope somoe who reads K9 is down your way and can sort you out with a night or 2.

Thanks Mark!
You have certainly given me some ideas. There are a few farms near me but to be honest I don't see too many rabbits running about. Perhaps I should look closer or take a walk at night to see what's there. Funnily enough there are quite a few rabbits active in Trent Park which is close to me too but I don't suppose the local council would be too happy about me lamping there in the dead of night!!! :D

I don't even have a dog yet but its never too early to start your research I suppose!

Cheers! :D :D

You have certainly given me some ideas. There are a few farms near me but to be honest I don't see too many rabbits running about. Perhaps I should look closer or take a walk at night to see what's there. Funnily enough there are quite a few rabbits active in Trent Park which is close to me too but I don't suppose the local council would be too happy about me lamping there in the dead of night!!! :D

I don't even have a dog yet but its never too early to start your research I suppose!

you wont ever regret getting one of these fantastic dogs, well maybe you will when you get to your 4th, 5th, 6th...... (w00t)

maggiemay2 said:

you wont ever regret getting one of these fantastic dogs, well maybe you will when you get to your 4th, 5th, 6th...... (w00t)

you dont have any dogs yet??

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back