The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Where Do I Start.

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm trying to trace the breeding of a greyhound my grandad had and bred off. We have always been under the impression the bitch was called Annies Song, she would have been born mid 70's and came over from Ireland. We've recently been told by the previous owner (bear in mind this was 30+ years ago so info might not be 100%) that the bitch raced under the name of Foot Slogger and her breeder used Shamrock Point quite a lot at stud, so maybe her father?

I've looked on GHData and there's a few Annie's Songs but none would tie in with the DOB. We don't know her ear mark either.

The bitch was blue brindle & i'm guessing 60lb ish.

Also the name Chris Finnegan from Ireland has been mentioned as her possible breeder.

Would i approach the Stud Book, Irish Coursing Club or somewhere else?

TIA for any info anyone can offer.

Vicky said:
I'm trying to trace the breeding of a greyhound my grandad had and bred off. We have always been under the impression the bitch was called Annies Song, she would have been born mid 70's and came over from Ireland.  We've recently been told by the previous owner (bear in mind this was 30+ years ago so info might not be 100%) that the bitch raced under the name of Foot Slogger and her breeder used Shamrock Point quite a lot at stud, so maybe her father?I've looked on GHData and there's a few Annie's Songs but none would tie in with the DOB.  We don't know her ear mark either.

The bitch was blue brindle & i'm guessing 60lb ish.

Also the name Chris Finnegan from Ireland has been mentioned as her possible breeder.

Would i approach the Stud Book, Irish Coursing Club or somewhere else?

TIA for any info anyone can offer.

Hi Vicky

There is a forum on the greyhound data website, you could try asking there, they seem to be a mine of information, here is the link CLICK HERE

Hope that helps

Well there's me fallen at the first hurdle, to register:

New users will need to get verified first to be able to use the forum.

We encourage all our users to get verified.

After sending us a prove of your identity your account will be update to (verified) status.

To become a verified user please send some proof of your ID to the Greyhound-Data Team.

Please send us a copy of your trainer license, or driving license, or similar.

You can send this per email to team@greyhound-data.com or per Fax +49-7458-455 882

If you send us a fax please be so kind and send us an email as well. This helps us to identify which fax belongs to which user/email.

We guarantee that your proof of ID will be kept private and only used for your account verification.

:lol:

Anyone registered who can post it for me?

Hi Vicky I am registered I'll see what I can do for you

cheers

Don

Sorry Vicky, I didnt realise, Im not registered myself just do a lot of reading on there.

PM MARTIN TUCKER VICKY HE IS REGISTERD WITH JUST ABOUT EVERYONE LOL

I BET HE CAN HELP

GARY :D :thumbsup:

i am registerd on the data baces aswell if you need any help and the irish stood books very helpfull if you phone them.

gary farmer said:
PM MARTIN TUCKER VICKY HE IS REGISTERD WITH JUST ABOUT EVERYONE LOLI BET HE CAN HELP

GARY :D   :thumbsup:

i agree martin tucker will be ur best bet vicky,,, :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked on irish greyhound board Vicky,and although got Foot Slogger up there's no details for,breeding etc and There's only 1 Annies Song registered 2002.tried Chris Finnigans name in for trainers (forgot to do breeders :oops: will go and have another go)but nothing came up for that :(

Hi Vicky

Annies Song ( Black Bitch ) DOB Aug 1976 ( Irish Stud Book 56 ) page 482

Breeding: Leaders Champion x Forty Alana

Litter : Annies Song Black Bitch

Fairy Tail Queen Black Bitch

Hot Stuff Black Bitch

Lucky Caroline W/Blk Bitch

Montana Beach BD/ Bitch

Rosslyn Hero BD? DOG

Strike It Rich Black/W Bitch

Breeder: Redmond

I have corrected the BWRA Data base can you see any errors on this line going forward from this bitch. :thumbsup:

For instance how many litters did she have and which Stud dogs were used. :- "

Regards

Malcolm

MALCOLM CLARKE said:
Hi VickyAnnies Song ( Black Bitch ) DOB Aug 1976 ( Irish Stud Book 56 ) page 482

Breeding: Leaders Champion x Forty Alana

Litter :  Annies Song      Black Bitch

Fairy Tail Queen Black Bitch

Hot Stuff            Black Bitch

Lucky Caroline  W/Blk Bitch

Montana Beach  BD/ Bitch

Rosslyn Hero      BD? DOG

Strike It Rich      Black/W Bitch

Breeder: Redmond

I have corrected the BWRA Data base can you see any errors on this line going forward from this bitch.  :thumbsup:

For instance how many litters did she have and which Stud dogs were used.  :- "

Regards

Malcolm

Spot on Malcolm ...you know your stuff :thumbsup:

Really appreciate the info Malcolm :thumbsup: The bitch was a light blue brindle though, the only pic i have i've attached, it's not great quality though.

When she originally came to my grandad though the fella bought two, i don;t know where the other ended up but now i'm wondering if she was perhaps Foot Slogger and the other one Annie's Song, i'll have to try and find out was the other one a black bitch.

18683494.jpg

No unfortunately.

I had thought that maybe the two bitches bought, one could have been Annie's Song & the other Foot Slogger and my grandad given the wrong info alas no, i checked last night & both bitches were brindle so that doesn't tie in with Malcolm's info.

Vicky said:
No unfortunately.
I had thought that maybe the two bitches bought, one could have been Annie's Song & the other Foot Slogger and my grandad given the wrong info alas no, i checked last night & both bitches were brindle so that doesn't tie in with Malcolm's info.

Hi Vicky

It could be a printing error in the Irish Stud Book, we can see from her litter mates there were brindles in this litter.

It is incorrectly recorded in the Irish Stud No 56 as were to find the Litter. I found it on another page to that shown in the index.

If your Grandad is sure of the name, we can clearly see she was brindle i am sure

this is the breeding. ;)

I will alter the colour to brindle if you agree. :thumbsup:

Regards

Malcolm

That could well be the case then Malcolm, i will try and see if the breeding rings any bells with one of the previous owners :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help :thumbsup:

With regards to the database what you have is correct, she only had the one litter with one remaining pup being Lady Ann, the rest of the litter were stolen before they went to their new homes. Lady Ann only had two litters, one to Wings of a Dove & one to TC. The offspring you have for these is correct :D

:thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back