The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Bitch Needs New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 9 years old and has been bred from.

She is a lovely bitch and doesn't deserve to be in this predicament :(

I am so firmly not looking at this, I really can't have another dog :(

I know of someone who adopted a whippet girl from us who asked me just the other day to let her know if I heard of another older whippet girl needing a home. She's in Lancashire, though, so probably too far away for her.

aww poor love ,whats her story jane ,have you spoke to them ??

Not yet, Nicky, but I will get in touch tomorrow.

The owners breeds quite alot. I see litters advertised on epupz but I have heard that she now has to rehome all her dogs.

Only hearsay, but apparently not the ideal home and I should think it's similar to the way Poppy was kept :( before she came to you :wub:

She is advertising other whippets for sale, but this girl is free so I am very worried about who may get hold of her :(

I am so firmly not looking at this, I really can't have another dog :(
I know of someone who adopted a whippet girl from us who asked me just the other day to let her know if I heard of another older whippet girl needing a home. She's in Lancashire, though, so probably too far away for her.

Never too far away for the Jinnyfizz rescue service :D

Why it was only 2 weeks ago that I was in Lancs picking up my little Izzy pup :thumbsup:

I could help with transport if required.

I do hope this poor girl finds a loving forever home.

The ad has been updated to say that this girl has found a lovely new home through West of England greyhound rescue :blink:

I hope she will be happy :wub:

The ad has been updated to say that this girl has found a lovely new home through West of England greyhound rescue :blink: I hope she will be happy :wub:
Good news. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The ad has been updated to say that this girl has found a lovely new home through West of England greyhound rescue :blink: I hope she will be happy :wub:
so does that mean the rescue has taken her and going to rehome her or they have actually found her a home :wacko:

I,m not so sure that it is good news
nore me i hope they have a home lined up as she wouldnt do to well in cold kennels ,i was just about to say im shure i can fit a little one in here (sucker for a cute face :b )

I,m not so sure that it is good news
nore me i hope they have a home lined up as she wouldnt do to well in cold kennels ,i was just about to say im shure i can fit a little one in here (sucker for a cute face :b )
I wonder if I was the only one who thought of you straight away when I first read Janes post Nicky? ;) (Well after I'd thought of me of course! :D )

If it's GRWE she's gone to they are a very good rescue who do everything properly. They use foster homes for a lot of their older dogs, so she may not go into kennels. I imagine she'll rehome very quickly anyway, most of the sighthound rescues are inundated if they get whippets in for rehoming and they may already have suitable homes waiting, so I'm sure she'll end up in a good home.

Good luck, little girl :luck:

Yes, Clair.

The second thread was posted by the owner of the whippets.

this 9yr old girly has gone straight into a very loving home. The home are very well known to us and have helped with fostering a lovely oldie for us earlier this year. They have been looking out for a female whippet for some time. Mark went to collect her today and her new family are over the moon - she is a very lucky girl indeed to have gone straight there, you couldnt ask for a more loving home :wub:

I see another 9 year old whippet, a male in Gloucestershire, advertised on the same site. Family moving, can't take dog

Can anyone (FeeFee?) follow this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back