The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Coats

Ellen

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone !

I know it's still summer.. but I was wondering if you know some websites with lovely whippet coats ?

Or if you have a picture of your whippet with his/her coat, please post some !

I'm already looking around and try to get some ideas for Dobé her coat.

Maybe I'm gonna make the coat myself, and I want to get some inspiration about the colour, the model of it and materials..

So all the information and pictures you've got are welcome.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little while ago someone posted these on this messageboard :

6d_1_b.JPG

f4_1_b.JPG

I already like these, but I'm still wondering if whippets like the high polo in their neck..

Ellen,

The orange coat Beau is wearing is the one I bought at the club fun day. Max's yellow coat is the one I copied. They are made out of polo fleece and keep them soooo warm. Max's coat only took about fifteen minutes to make once I had made the pattern up.

This is one of the coats I ordered from Nancy at Canine Creation

A couple more of Nancy's coats

This is the same coat as above only the reverse side. It also came with a detactable snood, hence the different colour collar

Hello Karen,

Thanks for the pictures and information. They are lovely.

Does your whippets like the high polo in their neck ??

Some people told me, not all whippet love it. So I was wondering..

Greetings

very bonnie coats, you can get waterproofs from vicky on her, she sells them and are very good

with hoods

Ellen said:
Hello Karen, Thanks for the pictures and information. They are lovely.

Does your whippets like the high polo in their neck ??

Some people told me, not all whippet love it. So I was wondering..

Greetings

Glad you like the coats Ellen. They don't seem to be even slightly bothered by the high necks. Nancy also includes a button hole at the base of the neck to fit a lead through.

These are the raincoats from Nancy. They have a sherpa wool lining and a removable hood visor

They don't look to happy with the visors and I haven't used them as it hasn't been wet enough. Probably won't use them either judging by the look on their faces :lol:

Tesa said:
Feel like Dessie, don't go posting links to coats.  They've got dayglow coats, great for walking in the dark of winter :thumbsup:
LOL! Stop encouraging me!!! At a recent Open show Millie and I went to I bought a lovely snakeskin (nylon) collar & matching lead for Django, then Millie tried their K-bans (sunglasses for dogs!) on him (unfortunately we didn't get a pic!) and I then, when I got home, found a leaflet for their products in the bag so, naturally, I just HAD to look at their website and they do fabulous coats as well. I can feel a couple of the bodywarmers being sized up here!!!

Dapper Dogs

dessie said:
Tesa said:
Feel like Dessie, don't go posting links to coats.  They've got dayglow coats, great for walking in the dark of winter :thumbsup:

LOL! Stop encouraging me!!! At a recent Open show Millie and I went to I bought a lovely snakeskin (nylon) collar & matching lead for Django, then Millie tried their K-bans (sunglasses for dogs!) on him (unfortunately we didn't get a pic!) and I then, when I got home, found a leaflet for their products in the bag so, naturally, I just HAD to look at their website and they do fabulous coats as well. I can feel a couple of the bodywarmers being sized up here!!!

Dapper Dogs

Nice link Dessie. I liked the baseball visors. Hope Zommie doesn't see this site, they've got a Regal line of coats for kings and queens.

Hi

If you go on to the JAYCOATS website Peggy Crosse makes coats specially for whippets all types and all sizes .

I'm not sure of the web address if I find it I will post it later but she will make a made to measure coat for your whippet at quite reasonable prices and can mail them to you.

She made me a waterproof fur lined coat specially for my greyhound as it was made to match my other coats .It had to be made specially as he needs a 32'' coat and the greyhound coats she normally makes are not that big tjis cost me including postage £32 and it arrived two weeks after ordering it. You can either order on line or by phone

Helen

oakmoorehill said:
Hi

If you go on to the JAYCOATS website Peggy Crosse makes coats specially for whippets all types and all sizes .

I'm not sure of the web address if I find it I will post it later but she will make a made to measure coat for your whippet at quite reasonable prices and can mail them to you.

She made me a waterproof fur lined coat specially for my greyhound as it was made to match my other coats .It had to be made specially as he needs a 32'' coat and the greyhound coats she normally makes are not that big tjis cost me including postage £32 and it arrived two weeks after ordering it. You can either order on line or by phone 

Helen

Hi the web address for jaycoats is jaycoats.co.uk

I got Buffy a fleece jacket that just pulls over without fastenings, she seems to like it, and they do come in different colours !!!!

They wash really easily and dry very quickly, the website is - www.equafleece.co.uk

dogs_021.jpg

Well you probably think oscars coat is boring after those brightly coloured ones :blink: :wacko: but Im a bit of a plain Jane myself :lol: :lol:

Heres Oscar in his

New_coat_K9.jpg

and one more. :thumbsup:

Mine came from VICKY... here on K9. (That reminds me must order one for Kobi soon)

New_coat_2_K9.jpg

Ellen said:
Hello everyone !
I know it's still summer.. but I was wondering if you know some websites with lovely whippet coats ?

Or if you have a picture of your whippet with his/her coat, please post some !

I'm already looking around and try to get some ideas for Dobé her coat.

Maybe I'm gonna make the coat myself, and I want to get some inspiration about the colour, the model of it and materials..

So all the information and pictures you've got are welcome.

Thank you.

ALL our dogs have wonderful coats whcih they wear ALL year round. They come in various colours and fit perfectly and, better still, dont need to go in th washing machine to clean them.

Ellen said:
A little while ago someone posted these on this messageboard :
6d_1_b.JPG

f4_1_b.JPG

I already like these, but I'm still wondering if whippets like the high polo in their neck..

Hi Ellen,

The coats/jumpers that you posted pics of are selling on ebay at the moment. £16 each, knitted to fit your dogs measurements. They're from a lady in dorset, uk but she posts worldwide I think

Dolly's coat came from Vicky on K9 too. Excellent quality. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

s_Coat.jpg

As you know, we've tried to make a coat for Dobé...

The first one is finished !!! :thumbsup:

I actually wanted to make a grey one, but couldn't find some nice fabrics in that colour (It's still summer and those are winterfabrics..)..

So, we've tried to make a brown one.

Here the first pictures :

dobecoat02.jpg

dobecoat03.jpg

dobecoat01.jpg

We're also gonna try to make another one, different pattern.

I'll let you know if that one will succeed.

Greetings

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back