The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Congress 2008

dessie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone know if there are any trips being arranged by ??Breed Council/breed club(s) to the Whippet Congress being hosted by the Swedish Whippet Club in July this year??

dessie said:
Does anyone know if there are any trips being arranged by ??Breed Council/breed club(s) to the Whippet Congress being hosted by the Swedish Whippet Club in July this year??

I think SYWC are organising something. Mum & I are going, but independently - SYWC are going by coach and ferry - not a good idea for Mum !! :x

Its easy enough to organsie the trip youself , to suit individual needs and wants :cheers: IMO

The Swedish are a very helpful nation , I have found in the past :huggles:

See some of you folks there then ? :cheers:

Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to, I can't go. I know I am going to be missing something really special but I have just started a new job and whilst this would help with the money side of things, I don't think it would be right to ask for time off so soon, considering that I will also want time off in Sept for the Vic Specialty.

But hopefully I have a plan for something special in 2009....

So, who is going to Sweden?

Vanna said:
dessie said:

I think SYWC are organising something. Mum & I are going, but independently - SYWC are going by coach and ferry - not a good idea for Mum !! :x

When the SYWC proposed a trip (quite right Vanna it was initially thought a coach as this would keep the costs down) there was minimal interest with less than a dozen names including the SYWC folk, and the idea had to be shelved.

but how long would it have taken ,by sea and coach Richard.? The flight is not long and economy airlines are not that expensive . :cheers:

I'm going (by ferry and my car)! I hope it'll be fun! Hope to see many of you there! :)

We are going, and I had a phonecall with Magnus Hagsted saying everything is prepared and they all are looking forward to this event. :D

I know that the Swedish will do a great job with the congress and also with the shows - let us have a lot of fun! It will be gerat to meet all people :huggles: and all this lovely Whippets :thumbsup: .We will come with our Caravan - so you all are invited to a glas of Wine :cheers:

We will buy some in France and we will bring enough wine with us.

See you there - bust fisrt we will see some of you at Crufts.

all the best

Susanne

whipcat said:
you all are invited to a glas of Wine :cheers: We will buy some in France and we will bring enough wine with us.

all the best

Susanne

Now there, see the sort of thing I will miss out on? FRENCH wine, in SWEDEN, in a caravan, with GERMAN whippet people.

*Sigh* :(

The event falls during my holidays and I am planning to go, without my dogs. I will bring my fiddle and try to find some Swedish folk music too! I use public transport and carry small tent and sleeping bag, but if there's anyone who wants to share accommodation or offer indoor/caravan sleeping bag space, do get in touch. I haven't booked any flight or ferry yet so I also would like to hear from anyone in Britain or Ireland or even Norway (thinking of visiting friend in Stavanger for a few days) who wants a travel partner. I don't drive but I do share costs and I am happy to help out with dogs.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back